Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
    It has been great watching this job as it progressed. You are very talented!
    Indeed. Very impressive.

Comment

Over time, over budget and over worked..... but its turning out GREAT !!!

Comment

Im not looking forward to this thread ending been keeping up since day one. Awesome build!

Comment

Looking great!!

Finally got to catch up on this thread while sitting in the pig blind!!

Comment

I really appreciate all the comments. Sitting here relaxing at my oldest son's basketball practice. Did some more work last night getting door knobs installed, cabinet hardware and a couple more fixtures. Today I finished another porch corner and have 1 left to go. All that is left on the inside is getting the kitchen counter installed (still hasn't come in), connecting the kitchen sink and installing closet rods.

This has been a fun build. Goal of $35k budget was busted by $8k but guessing from the beginning based on my house build 10 yrs ago really wasn't a bad bust. Over worked..... I won't argue that! I don't mind a challenge and enjoy staying busy. As far as schedule I blame it on deer season! I never would have thought the buck I was after would have taken all the way to the end of December! Lol... The house was the last thing on my mind until I got him.

I've enjoyed this thread and going back looking at the before/after pics. Neat to have something to look back on. I know it wasn't very detailed step by step but hopefully it shows that anyone can do it.

I plan to do a video walkthrough once it is cleaned before we start moving my BIL in. I will update a few more pics over the next couple days as well.

Comment

Just a waiting game now. Electric company was supposed to be out today for main hookup. Was told a work order hasn't been made and now delayed until Tuesday hopefully. Everything is ready to go other than countertop. Do a heavy cleanup this wknd and may move a few things in.

I finished out the closets this evening. Just a simple closet rod and shelf. Nothing fancy

Comment

Closets
                Attached Files

Comment

Countertop arrived last night and installed! Sink and dishwasher hookup, couple light switches and then waiting on Electric Company to do their part.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Better pic
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking very nice!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Awesome

Comment

They moved in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                              They moved in yet?
                              Moving them in right now and tomorrow.

Couple pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

What a great project and thanks for letting us watch from afar

Comment

Working...
                                X