Stabilizer truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizer truth

Just bought a Helim, is it really worth the extra weight a stabilizer adds verses the performance you get?

Lots of factors play in with this question. How long is the stab, how much does it weigh. If the stab you talking about is a 4" stab the no IMO your not getting much out of it. If you have a 6-8" stab with some weight out front you will definitely see some difference. It's up to you and how confident you feel with the bow. I know when I shot the helim I would want a stab for the hand shock and riser vibration.

If I were you I'd practice both ways and see what is most comfortable for you

Comment

If you buy the right kind you also get harmonics dampening. I wouldn't suggest going without one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slingshot View Post
        Just bought a Helim, is it really worth the extra weight a stabilizer adds verses the performance you get?
        Yes.

Comment

Try several at archery shop and decide.

Comment

Go get the axion stabilizer for it. I believe it comes with 4 or 5 harmonic dampeners installed in it depending on which model you buy.

Comment

Like others have said go and try as many and u can. Shoot a shot or two without it, then put it on and shoot a few. Do this over and over until u find what makes the most difference to you without making it difficult to shoot or hunt. For example something too long. I would go as long as you could whole keeping it comfortable though. Longer stabs seem to have a much more noticeable effect than the smaller ones.

Comment

Be careful with the length thing fir hunting. I have a 9" Stoikerize/Elite stablizer on my Judge and it does not get in the way for hunting. I wasn't sure when I bought it, but I liked the 9" better than how the 6" shot.

Comment

i just tried out the new octane balance x adjustable stab and the fuse 10" carbon blade. immediate noticable difference in how steady i was holding at 20 yrds.

Octane Balance X 7"-11" weighs 6.4 oz. had it out at 11"

Fuse carbon blade 10" weighs 5 oz.

Balance X was marginally better but going to go with fuse 11.5" 8 oz for greater customization. now i would highly recommend getting a stabilizer about 10-11". much better than little 4"

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Yes.
                    X2

Comment

Working...
                    X