I need your advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your advice!

I am about to make my first bow purchase in about 2 months. I am stationed in Hawaii, and there is only one bow shop on island. It is a small shop and they do not offer much. I heard from a friend about Hunterfriends.com. I have done research for about 2 months now and have an idea on what I'm interested in. I have my eye on the PSE Brute X and the Bowtech Assassin. If you were in my situation; starting out, no real bow shops around, and had to order online, which of the two would you chose? Also if you have any other suggestions I will be all ears. I have about 2 more months left until I return from deployment and will continue to research. It list multiple options as for accessories and I am curious as to which accessories you would equip it with as well. Thank you and any advice will be appreciated.
    Here are the two bows:

Thanks,
    Kyle

I own the bowtech assasin and have no complaints.its a sweet shooting bow

Comment

Both are great bows. Also I was in my local bow shop and the owner showed me the new Bowtech Black Knight... My lord. It is a sweet looking, drawing and shooting bow. The bow is also pretty much weightless. If I was in your shoes I would go with the assassin though.

Comment

My cousin has been stationed there for a while now he bought an elite answer from that shop, they tuned it for him and everything he kills a lot of stuff with it so I wouldnt say that they are a bad shop. But the assassin is a better bow IMO

Comment

I have a Brute X and for the money it is a fine bow.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, does anyone have their opinion on accessories I should order with them? The Brute X has options in the drop boxes where you order but I would have to call for all the accessories the Assassin offers.

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
              Thanks for the quick replies, does anyone have their opinion on accessories I should order with them? The Brute X has options in the drop boxes where you order but I would have to call for all the accessories the Assassin offers.
              QAD drop away rests are top of the line and you can't go wrong with them. Guaranteed not to flip back up, providing the fastest and most accurate shot you can get.

Comment

The assassin will come with a rak pakage. I perfer the limb driver way easier to set up and time, and tune. For a sight look for a pin size 0.019 or 0.010. I really like the Trophy Ridge React sight. Extreme makes a good quality sight as well.

Comment

Assasin is fully rigged out but the qad drop down rest

Comment

Originally posted by garyn13 View Post
                    Assasin is fully rigged out but the qad drop down rest
                    I agree 100 % on the rest, and on the sight I use .010 first two, and .019 bottom two, and it is a bone collector site.
                    This is just my opinion, my best opinion is get what you like best,

Comment

Great bows I would go bowtech but im a Mathews guy

Comment

Working...
                      X