Peeps gone wild !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peeps gone wild !?

Got my bow back from the shop yesterday. Had genuine mathews strings/cables put on my monster. In the bows relaxed position, the peep is almost turned facing me. When I draw, I actually watch my peep roll at least 120 degrees. At full draw, I physically can't see anything. I have to completely stretch both arms out and pull as hard as I can for the peep to come back to me, and I still have 75% clarity at best. Tech said shoot 200 times and then take it back to him. He also mentioned with my 30" DL and a 1/4" peep, sometimes there's abnormal roll ?

Any ideas ?
    Last edited by clayg08; 07-28-2013, 06:11 PM.

Korbin fixed me up you might wanna send him a PM. I installed news strings on my sons bows and did not realize you need to shoot the bows without a peep 20-30 shots and then install the peep.

Comment

Can be fixed by twisting strings. thats how I fixed mine. I have Korbin strings and there is literally any peep rotation that I have noticed. D-loop can be spinning on the string too. But doesnt mathews use zebra strings? If so I dont think those are of good quality personally.

Comment

even custom strings should be shot to settle them before permanently tying in your peep

Comment

Mine got some twist in it when I had a custom string put on but my rubber tube pulls it righ back.

Comment

True they should I guess from my view I have easy access to a press to fix it

Comment

i have around 60 +/- shots now, and not much has changed. i have to pull so hard at the wall to get my peep to come around my arms are tired. i'll try a 3/16 peep in a couple of days and see if that helps. i moved my loop around and it "really" jacks with things. i'll give it another week or so, and then it's back to the shop

Comment

Sounds like you have something going on. Korbin pointed out a problem on mine...The number of strands of the string must be the same on both sides of the peep

Comment

Put speed nocks in your string. This will allow you to rotate the string by simply sliding up the nock. Easy fix and you can accomodate when your string stretches.

Comment

or just move your d loop to a side till you get it right.

Comment

Working...
                    X