Rock Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Springs

Posted a couple of threads for info on Hill Country property, but just a comment on land FS in the Rock Springs area from real estate brochures we have seen.

Good size tracts of AC at cheap prices, but the proximity to Mexico would worry me. My TBH son's corporate hunting lease is in the area, 6K+ AC and he said it is very rough. I've heard stories of ranchers selling out in the area due to the "criminal transport" activity?

Any GS experience with this area? Just curious.....

My cousin bought 250ac there.
    He lives a few hours away so can't keep a close eye on things.
    Said every time he goes down there something has been messed with it.
    Nothing major yet but just a pain in the neck

Comment

If I had a place there I would go with the SSS policy! Our Government does more to protect the illegals than the citizens that live there. Too bad because that's good hunting grounds.

Comment

It was that way when we had our place 20 miles south of town about 12 years ago. I can only imagine it's worse since then. It's sad that I have to say this, but if you leave food and water outside on a table, usually they will just take that and move on.

Comment

My place is about 6 miles from RS. I leave my cabin unlocked and a note in Spanish,Canned food and water. I haven't been visited in at least ten years I think. When I have been hit in the past they were neat, only took flashlights ,pocket knives ,food and water.

Comment

That our govt is facilitating this is disgusting. When will the public wake up and get rid of those POS's??!!

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
              It was that way when we had our place 20 miles south of town about 12 years ago. I can only imagine it's worse since then. It's sad that I have to say this, but if you leave food and water outside on a table, usually they will just take that and move on.
              It's sad that people have to leave food and water out for trespassers. You feel good that by leaving it out you're saving yourself some possible damages.....problem is that's only good for the first set of law breaking trespassing ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!

As a law abiding Texan I'd never consider crossing a fence but it's okay for the better lifers to illegally cross an International border, private property to come over here to not pay taxes and enjoy better benefits the we do.

Sorry for the rant....this post just hit me wrong.

Comment

just get some nv to mount up and you'll be set

Comment

True

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  If I had a place there I would go with the SSS policy! Our Government does more to protect the illegals than the citizens that live there. Too bad because that's good hunting grounds.
                  My son said they went to the corporate lease recently and saw more game than he has seen at his lease in Robert Lee the last couple of years. Oh, also a couple of BP "choppers" not far off too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    It's sad that people have to leave food and water out for trespassers. You feel good that by leaving it out you're saving yourself some possible damages.....problem is that's only good for the first set of law breaking trespassing ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!

As a law abiding Texan I'd never consider crossing a fence but it's okay for the better lifers to illegally cross an International border, private property to come over here to not pay taxes and enjoy better benefits the we do.

Sorry for the rant....this post just hit me wrong.
                    Hey, I agree completely. Crazy thing is there's a Border Patrol office just up the road from our place in town. The reason we had to start doing that though is because we showed up one day and the gas stove was on, pancake mix all over the counter and floor and the front door was wide open. Luckily all that had happened probably within the previous 24 hours. Considering how luckily we were that the trailer hadn't caught on fire and burned up, I'd say leaving $20 in food is better than having to replace a trailer house and furnishings.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

Any GS experience with this area? Just curious.....
                      The county is known to have had Anthrax outbreaks in the past.

Comment

With any luck and a few more posts, I should be able to find some cheap land in RS.

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
                          Hey, I agree completely. Crazy thing is there's a Border Patrol office just up the road from our place in town. The reason we had to start doing that though is because we showed up one day and the gas stove was on, pancake mix all over the counter and floor and the front door was wide open. Luckily all that had happened probably within the previous 24 hours. Considering how luckily we were that the trailer hadn't caught on fire and burned up, I'd say leaving $20 in food is better than having to replace a trailer house and furnishings.
                          I agree, your better off to leave the food. It just doesn't sit well....

BTW-Your post didn't set me off, just the whole idea of it and the fact that people are leaving their ranches for safety.

Comment

We are 20 miles south of there. No real issues with us but we have a high fence around the house, but not the barn. We don't call BP as a practice. If you do, they will vandalize you for sure. If you dont, they leave you alone. Our neighbors call every time and they tear their stuff up.

Comment

It hasn't been that bad for us. Been going for years now and have never actually seen an illegal. We do leave canned food and water on our porch though and have metal bars around our windows/door (ghetto style lol) to prevent/deter forced entry. We had one experience previously in our 14 years out there where they got in and left a bunch of popcorn all over the floor (after which the bars went up). No worse than any of the south texas ranches I've been on. We're only a few miles out of town on 674

Comment

Working...
                              X