Grayson County question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grayson County question

Just looked at the new TPWD regs for next season. Noticed that Grayson county is a 2 buck county this year. Does that mean that 2 bucks can be taken at "H" or do they have special restrictions there for one buck. Seems like I thought that you could only take one buck there.

They have always only allowed you the take 2 deer, one antlered and one antlerless. This will stay the same except now your antlered buck will have to meet the antler restriction.

Comment

So even though the Grayson county regs allow two bucks, "H" regs only allow you one....even though it is in Grayson County. Is that right?

Comment

And the buck has to either have at least a 13" spread or be a spike.

Comment

I just looked at the "H" regs page and it says "as per state regulations, in addition, two extra anterless". So it looks like to me that we can shoot two bucks there? Am I right? Maybe they increased the amount of bucks this year as compared to years past???

Comment

I just looked at the "H" regs page and it says "as per state regulations, in addition, two extra anterless". So it looks like to me that we can shoot two bucks there? Am I right? Maybe they increased the amount of bucks this year as compared to years past???
            I just checked that too, so I guess they did change it this year. Regardless you still have to follow the antler restriction, and your chances of tagging 4 deer out there in the three days is slim and none. I know some guys drawn out there before that didn't see a deer on stand the entire hunt.

Comment

AHH...the antler restrictions keep both of them from being big bucks. Darn, was getting my hopes up for TWO big deer. Oh well, one will be good! Thanks for the response Bill!

Comment

Yep, at least one has to be a spike, you could shoot two spikes if you were lucky enough to see two of them.

Comment

I just got on a great rifle lease in Grayson County. Monster bucks. I sent the guy a check but for some reason he's slow in sending me the keys???

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      I just got on a great rifle lease in Grayson County. Monster bucks. I sent the guy a check but for some reason he's slow in sending me the keys???
                      I think we are on the same lease!! Is it real close to the lake?

Comment

Isn't that lease limited to night time hunting only???

Comment

Ha! Won't be looking for spikes at Hagerman!!

Comment

Another question...
                            If I am going to hunt in two counties this year, both with antler restrictions. Can I take one big buck total or one big buck in EACH of the two counties?

Comment

Originally posted by DroptineDreamer View Post
                              Isn't that lease limited to night time hunting only???
                              Thats the one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X