Trace Mineral Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trace Mineral Question

What is the best Trace Mineral to use to attract deer?

I had luck with Trophy Rock

Comment

deer for the most part dont need trace minerals in fall and winter they do best in spring and summer

Comment

I put out trace mineral blocks from the feed store. The deer like them and so do I.....they are cheap.
        Attached Files

Comment

I used antler king this year on 2 properties for the first time. Deer used them within 2 days. No heavy usage but they did visit them. Coyotes and red fox both pee on them though

Comment

Thank you. Has anybody ever mixed their own and put it out?

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
              What is the best Trace Mineral to use to attract deer?
              You are either to early or to late for minerals if a buck is your goal. Doe will still need minerals since they will be lactating for another couple of months.

Trophy Rock cannot be beat.

Comment

I'm thinking about starting it now to establish a permanent site.

Comment

I have used trophy rock and the deer seem to like it.

Comment

50 pounds of dried molasses, 50 pounds of salt, 50 pounds of dicalcium phosphate, mix it in small batches 1/1/1, and i top mine off with grape kool-aid.Deer are suckers for sweet ,just like us! i dump it on the ground 20lbs at a time, and then mix it into the dirt. They dig big holes eating on it when they need it. Usually late winter thru summer.I keep it out all year,and put deer blocks on or near the site, have it in all my pens with water near.

Comment

Working...
                    X