No announcement yet.

War and NO word from my Son!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully you will hear from him in the next couple days. I'm sure he is ok, just out on patrol or somewhere in the field right now. Will pray for him and his safety just the same. Keep us posted Kuma when you do hear from him.

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Prayers up for his safety

Comment

No news is good news.
          I've been there...

Comment

Prayers for safety and protection!

Comment

No news is good news. Once while deployed, we came under mortar fire while I was on the phone with my wife. She heard the first two rounds hit before the line went dead mid sentence. Since there was a fatality, all communication was shut down until the family was notified. The Army does this so that word doesn't get to the family before their formal face to face notification does. Long story short, my wife and parents spent a week looking out the window waiting for men in uniforms to show up. When I finally got to make a call home, they were a nervous wreck.

Stay the course. He'll be home before you know it.

Comment

Prayers sent for all our Servicemen & women.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
                  No news is good news. Once while deployed, we came under mortar fire while I was on the phone with my wife. She heard the first two rounds hit before the line went dead mid sentence. Since there was a fatality, all communication was shut down until the family was notified. The Army does this so that word doesn't get to the family before their formal face to face notification does. Long story short, my wife and parents spent a week looking out the window waiting for men in uniforms to show up. When I finally got to make a call home, they were a nervous wreck.

Stay the course. He'll be home before you know it.
                  Thanks....we had this same situation about a month/half ago when he lost one of his Brothers but we heard from him soon after it happened! We hope to see him come home in May....I'll walk if I have to just to welcome him home with our Daughter-in-law and Grandkids!!

Comment

Heard from Jake today and all is well. Some things been going on but he and his soldiers are safe. He did send me this pic of some practice shooting he did yesterday, not bad at 328 yards?

Thanks for all the prayers and concerns all!! We are all feeling relieved.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yay! Glad to hear he is ok! That's a good reason to celebrate Kuma.

BTW, that is some good shooting at that distance.

Comment

Great news.

Comment

Nice shooting and good news!

Comment

Went 13 months 1 call home back in the day. It took 3 months of mail to set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              Yay! Glad to hear he is ok! That's a good reason to celebrate Kuma.

BTW, that is some good shooting at that distance.
                              Thanks QB. Yep, I asked why not dead center?

He replied as he always does to get his ole' Dad....shooting for the heart pops.

Comment

Prayers up for your son his wife and you and the family. He's gonna b fine. God's watchin out for him and the rest of our troops

Comment

Working...
                                X