Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who said slick tricks work good for pigs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    My favorite is a Magnus stinger 4 blade but tonight I shot one with a rage hypodermic and one with the original rage 2 blade. Second pig was a tough shot as I had to pic a hole through the brush with the pig quartering hard to me. Found him ALS as he only went 45 yards but not blood because of the shot placement and angle. [ATTACH]738649[/ATTACH]

Good shootin.

Comment

I shot a spike last season with no blood trail but he didn't go but 40yds from where I shot him. The other two had great blood trails.

Comment

Originally posted by deer hunter guy View Post
        I shot a spike last season with no blood trail but he didn't go but 40yds from where I shot him. The other two had great blood trails.

That can happen with any head. You just gotta go with the most of the time lol. Why I'll never shoot those freakin Montecs again.

Comment

Bow hunters would be doing themselves a favor if they shot all their animals directly up the leg. Just behind the shoulder all too often becomes a paunch shot. A little lower would have been better on this pig, but the Magnus stinger did the trick. Only ran 40 yards

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
            Sorry if this has been asked but we're you shooting from a tree stand, ground blind?

First one tree stand second one pop up, first one 12 yards second 23 or so yards

Comment

My favorite is a Magnus stinger 4 blade but tonight I shot one with a rage hypodermic and one with the original rage 2 blade. Second pig was a tough shot as I had to pic a hole through the brush with the pig quartering hard to me. Found him ALS as he only went 45 yards but not blood because of the shot placement and angle. [ATTACH]738649[/ATTACH]

Good size for the smoker there

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post

Bow hunters would be doing themselves a favor if they shot all their animals directly up the leg. Just behind the shoulder all too often becomes a paunch shot. A little lower would have been better on this pig, but the Magnus stinger did the trick. Only ran 40 yards

That looks to be about where I shot the first one

Comment

Nice smoker pig there!

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2bh View Post
                    Nice smoker pig there!

Smoker hell. Fry that sucker whole!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      Smoker hell. Fry that sucker whole!!!

Iol that be the first for me!

Comment

if the hits are good they are almost always down inside 50 yards blood trail or not,,, fat plugs holes!, also any angle at all will push the hide ,and the hole in the hide and the flesh will not line up, if they don't you will not get a good blood trail

Comment

My sons recent hog. Blood marks entrance, exit was in front of far shoulder. 30 yard track with sparse blood until last 10 yards.

Comment

I have shot pigs with a variety of broadheads, some left good blood trails and others not so much.
                            I have also recovered many that the arrow was not where I thought it was after the shot.
                            Had one boar that I would have bet was dead, run off with very little blood. Let a guy come out about 2 or 3mos later and he killed the nasty sucker. Arrow was lodged above the spine and I would have sworn it went in about midway up body.

Bottom line is, if you don't have confidence in a certain brand, sell/trade them and get something you do believe in.

I like slick tricks but if I loose confidence in them I will shoot something else.
                            Don't care for a Rage but I picked up a pack at a garage sale that had one new one and the practice head. Made sure the practice head hit where he others did and shot a pig with the new one. Killed it dead with a decent blood trail, but I still don't care for rage, just not my preference

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

My sons recent hog. Blood marks entrance, exit was in front of far shoulder. 30 yard track with sparse blood until last 10 yards.

Was this with slick trick?

Comment

With that shot it doesn't matter.
                                your issues are not with the broad head man.

Comment

Working...
                                X