Heated socks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated socks?

I have a terrible time keeping my feet warm while in my tripod. I was looking at some rechargeable heated socks but the reviews are all over the place. Does anyone have some they like or dislike?

I have no clue, but I remember one time in Jersey when I was a kid, a kid down the street thought it was an intriguing idea to hook up a car battery to his battery powered heated socks. His discovery was they get hot very quickly. 35 plus Years later I always think of that moment anytime I hear the words heated socks.

Comment

I bought a pair that took two C batteries, they didn't work worth a dang. Bought at academy, can't remember brand. They were a heavy wool sock and a wire ran along the side of it and across the toes. I could feel it while in the truck where it was warm but once outside, it went away pretty quick.

Comment

Have you tried the heated insoles? Rechargable and have wireless remote.

Comment

They make boot muffs you can put on once in the stand that everyone I have talked to loves. I would go this route before heated socks.

https://shop.bestreviews.com/product...BoC3HEQAvD_BwE

Comment

Just don't turn them on walking in. Back in the day in PA when heated socks were "new" and took batteries guys would turn them on at the truck, then get to the posting spot and complain their feet were freezing, colder than without heated socks. That's because their feet were sweating profusely from walking with the socks on, then that sweat would freeze. I had some and if I waited until I was at my spot to then them on they worked fine. I suspect that is still an issue reading reviews on some of the current offerings. I have a real problem with my left foot being cold because of permanent nerve damage on that side. I find if once set up I use "hot hands" insole or toe warmers (again not while walking in) they help some. I also use merino liner socks under quality wool socks and boots that don't fit too tight. Tight boots will be colder because there is no air to circulate.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
              Have you tried the heated insoles? Rechargable and have wireless remote.

Didn’t know they made them. I’ll check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                They make boot muffs you can put on once in the stand that everyone I have talked to loves. I would go this route before heated socks.

Love mine easy to carry in a back pack

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I’ve actually tried a similar product and my feet still got cold after a couple of hours.

Comment

Thermacell has the insoles
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	INSOLES.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24560145

Comment

Do you have something between the metal floor of your tri-pod / stand and your feet? I usually put a 1/2" piece of plywood. I've also heard of people putting down carpet, cardboard, and felt. Putting a barrier between your feet and that metal is a huge help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Do you have something between the metal floor of your tri-pod / stand and your feet? I usually put a 1/2" piece of plywood. I've also heard of people putting down carpet, cardboard, and felt. Putting a barrier between your feet and that metal is a huge help.

I don’t but my feet are always cold. I’m sitting in my office now with cold feet.

Comment

Those Thermacell insoles look great, but they are close to $100!

Oh, wait Sierra Post has them on sale for $40. Oh, wait, those are sized small only.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
                            Thermacell has the insoles
                            [ATTACH]933704[/ATTACH]
                            I saw those on Amazon but they have a 2.7 star rating.

Comment

I never believed this would work until i tried it. I put an extra layer on my chest, and make sure I where a warm hat, then a pair of dry fit socks and a good pair of wool over them. For instance I wear a Nike cold gear long sleeve shirt, a tee shirt, then a wool sweater, then my camo jacket. If I think its going to be colder I'll add another shirt. I do the same on my legs. Tights, wool long underwear, then pants. Don't forget the hat.

After all that my feet never get cold. Keep your core warm and you feet will be warm.

Comment

Working...
                              X