Austin Archery shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin Archery shop

Is there a particular archery shop that you guys use that's very good at what they do? Or someone that does it and loves to do it on the side. I know a guy that's having issue's and can't seem to get it fixed. His centershot was way right, he took it to a shop and they took out cam lean but his vanes are still hitting the cables. Who in Austin can fix this? TIA

Archery Country

Comment

Just found out he has used both Archery country and knocked and loaded and no one there can fix it

Comment

Hoffys archery in lampasas is outstanding. I live in Austin and I make the drive to let Aaron and Jason work on my bows.

Comment

Austin Archery shop

Originally posted by aguinn84 View Post
          Hoffys archery in lampasas is outstanding. I live in Austin and I make the drive to let Aaron and Jason work on my bows.

If Arron or Jason at Hoffy’s can’t fix it it’s not fixable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aguinn84 View Post
            Hoffeys gets my vote as well.

Comment

Anyone but Archery Country!!

Comment

My buddy (On TBH his name is Rat) Robert is the best place to go. He did great things for my bow and it only cost me a 12 pack of Shiner. The man knows his ****, loves what he does and is **** good at it

Comment

May want to try Double G in Georgetown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drive past Georgetown and go to Hoffy's!! Hands down the most knowledgeable staff in Central Texas!!

Comment

I appreciate the input guys,I'll pass it on to him..Just would hate to see a newbie loose interest because of these problems!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                        Anyone but Archery Country!!

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone but archery country my feelings. Hoffys in lampas as I'll second that referral.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Out of curiosity, why is everyone down on Archery Country? I’m about to take my bow there this week, so it would be nice to know why I might not want to. Thanks.

Comment

Ive been using Archery Country exclusively but only because I live in South Austin and don't feel like trekking any farther north. There are a couple guys that know their stuff at Archery Country, there are also a couple guys that work there that don't know as much.

Most of the work I have had done at Archery Country I have had to ask for specifically, they usually don't just offer up assistance for more fine tuning work. For instance, I ordered a new string from them and after getting it installed and tuning my bow back in my centershot was now outside of typical spec at 15/16" for some reason. I was able to get arrows flying pretty darn good but I wanted it back in spec. Took it in and the tech at the counter recommended not touching it if I had it shooting well.

I understand that train of thought, but the bow wasn't in spec where I wanted it, or where it should be. I know enough to be able to tune everything outside of the shop, I just don't have a press at the house to make those necessary adjustments. After making them aware that I wanted to change out the top hats so that I could tune the bow back in within specs they obliged my wishes. Point of the story is, I don't think Archery Country will go above and beyond for you, I think they put enough effort in to get by. If you walk in there and don't have a clue, I wouldn't expect them the educate you and do anything extra for you. If you walk in there and make them aware that you understand how your bow should be operating, then they will make the necessary adjustments that you need made.

I really wish there was a good shop somewhere in the South Austin/Buda/Kyle/San Marcos area.

Comment

Working...
                              X