Carport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carport?

Looking into a carport to park the boat in and I'm thinking around 40' deep and 20' wide with a fairly tall interior height.

Use: Boat and Probably a truck during the summer. It's a wakeboard boat with a tower and the tower doesn't fit in the boat barn. I'd also like to un-clutter the barn during the summers so it's more usable. The barn is mostly just storage during the winter so the boat can go in when the season is over for us it just gets real old folding the tower up and down every weekend. That sucker is heavy and I'd like to just be able to park it and go.

Anyway.. Anybody had one built lately? Any do's or don'ts?

We will probably have the posts set in concrete as opposed to the framed base and mobile home anchor variety.

I did a 20x20 at the lease. Bought the materials and installed it myself (sat in a lawn chair and pointed while a couple of day laborers installed it). Went to Metal Mart, told them what I wanted and they loaded the material on my trailer. It was under $1,000 including what I paid for labor but that was 4 or 5 years ago so expect some inflation on both materials and labor. I would expect you could still do 20x40 for around $2,000ish.

Comment

I paid 1350.00 for a 20X20 at the lease installed a couple years back. That was raised an extra foot to 7 foot eaves. I believe the pitch is about 10 foot. I've moved it and rebuilt it twice myself. Pretty easy with two guys. And if Anchored properly it will last. Mine survived Harvey in Refugio.

Comment

Working...
      X