So, you're minding your own business ans drive up on this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, you're minding your own business ans drive up on this:

What would you honestly do? Hero or haul arse?

A traffic stop developed into a shootout on November 11 when a man leaned from a car to fire at a police officer in Tontitown, Arkansas.The driver had been asked to pull over after police witnessed a traffic violation. After initially refusing, he stopped the car, at which point, police dash-cam footage shows a man engage in a shootout with the police officer, then driving off and escaping the scene.The vehicle was later spotted by a police officer in Springdale, about six kilometers from the location of the first incident. Shots were exchanged again. Following another pursuit, the man, who was wounded in the left shoulder, was arrested.He was taken to Northwest Medical Center, where he was treated and released into police custody.The man faces four charges of attempted capital murder and one charge each of fleeing, terroristic act, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.No police personnel were injured in the incident. Credit: Washington County Sheriff’s Office via Storyful

Id stay the heck out of the way. Dont want to get shot by a.criminal or the police.

Comment

That other car should have rammed him, an f250 in the side of that door would have ended it pretty quick.

Comment

If I witnessed that, I would not be a bystander.

Comment

So did it happen in Arizona or Arkansas? Title says one state and report says another.

Probably stay out of the way since LE was already involved and on the scene.

Comment

Pos

Comment

I would continue to mind my own business.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                That other car should have rammed him, an f250 in the side of that door would have ended it pretty quick.
                yeah this x2

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  My first thought was that car should have smashed into the shooters door, and take off the shooters legs slamming the door on them.

But then my second thought was, then shooter would sue you, take millions, hire a good attorney to defend against shooting at a cop, and be out in a year or two.

Comment

I am sure the officer involved would prefer citizens stay out of the way. However if I read later that officer was killed, I would feel awful I ran away. So I think I would have to make that decision in the moment if I am ever presented with this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      My first thought was that car should have smashed into the shooters door, and take off the shooters legs slamming the door on them.

But then my second thought was, then shooter would sue you, take millions, hire a good attorney to defend against shooting at a cop, and be out in a year or two.
                      Sadly this could always be a possibility

Comment

Remember the the ''Deer Hunter'' on I10?

Comment

What are our resident LEO views on here? Intervening hurtful or helpful?

Comment

I think had the shooter been more exposed I would have run him over. This video footage makes it a tough call to make in the heat of the moment. I really don't think my mind would let me completely flee the situation without trying to figure out how I could help.

That said, I would also be thinking about who I have in the car with me. If it's my wife and kids... I'm not sticking around and keeping them in harms way.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                              I think had the shooter been more exposed I would have run him over. This video footage makes it a tough call to make in the heat of the moment. I really don't think my mind would let me completely flee the situation without trying to figure out how I could help.

That said, I would also be thinking about who I have in the car with me. If it's my wife and kids... I'm not sticking around and keeping them in harms way.
                              Good point, your first priority is getting your family out of harms way!

Comment

Working...
                              X