Range finder recommendation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range finder recommendation??

Just like the title says looking for range finder recommendations. Will primarily be using for distances under 100 yards but would like the ability to range out to 500-600 yards. Wanting to spend $200-$300. Thanks for any input!

BIL has a Sig Kilo 850 and I was impressed by how fast it was on reading objects. I believe you can get those for about 150. Me personally I would be going after the Sig Kilo 1400BDX on Amazon for 259.99.

Comment

I would recommend the Vortex 1000. I took mine to Colorado this year elk hunting and was ranging individual elk out to 900 yds. I know they are much larger than deer but I couldn't have been more impressed at how well it functioned. Best one I've ever owned. Also really liked the red yardage display. Much easier to read in low light conditions. The Vortex vendor on here may be able to get you a deal on one.

Comment

The Sig Kilo is about the best one going right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Vortex Ranger 1300. Really good glass and illuminated display with angle compensation. Lifetime warranty even covers dropping it out of the tree.

Comment

Thanks fellas! Sounds like sig kilo or vortex is the way to go.

Comment

I’m a Nikon supporter. Accurate and durable but the best thing is the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by btoptrip View Post
                I would recommend the Vortex 1000. I took mine to Colorado this year elk hunting and was ranging individual elk out to 900 yds. I know they are much larger than deer but I couldn't have been more impressed at how well it functioned. Best one I've ever owned. Also really liked the red yardage display. Much easier to read in low light conditions. The Vortex vendor on here may be able to get you a deal on one.
                This ..^^I was also sold on the warranty and customer service.

Comment

i've got a Leupold. While it works really well, the red read out has tendency to fade in certain lighting conditions.

Comment

I got a bushnell for like $150. It does well for bow hunting. It accounts for the angle, which is cool.
                    I tried using it on my elk hunt and it picked up almost everything I tried to range (out to 600ish yards) while in an elevated position (up on a ridge looking down).
                    But on a flat prairie, I tried ranging a water tank and couldn’t get a reading. Maybe it doesn’t pick up metal that well? It was a little frustrating.
                    I’d recommend getting a used Leica if you can afford it.
                    Totally worth it. They even range distance through glass, which I found cool.
                    Good luck.

Comment

Don't sell the Bushnell short. I've had one for going on 10 years and it still works great out to around 700 yards. Buddy of mine used it and said he got over 1000 yards out of it on a metal water tank from his blind but take that for what it's worth.

For the money it's golden.

Comment

Working...
                      X