Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leave Friday and will be hunting the week of thanksgiving. Hopefully the rutting activity is heating up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I leave Friday and will be hunting the week of thanksgiving. Hopefully the rutting activity is heating up.
      Good luck Justin.... Is the trophy slayer wife going with you?

We are leaving Tuesday this week and hunting through Sunday. I am hoping the deer activity has picked up around other part of the lease because it has been flat abysmal on my Covert at my favorite blind. I do have a crap cull there that will get an arrow if I don't have much else on the other cameras. This has been a weird year so far. I hate, hate August and September rains.....for dove and deer

Comment

It should pick up mid to late week after those hard freezes roll thru they are calling for.

Comment

Jerky.... the crap cull

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            It should pick up mid to late week after those hard freezes roll thru they are calling for.

I hope but we played this exact game in 2012 and it didn’t pick up till mid-late December for us.......time will tell..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Good luck Justin.... Is the trophy slayer wife going with you?

We are leaving Tuesday this week and hunting through Sunday. I am hoping the deer activity has picked up around other part of the lease because it has been flat abysmal on my Covert at my favorite blind. I do have a crap cull there that will get an arrow if I don't have much else on the other cameras. This has been a weird year so far. I hate, hate August and September rains.....for dove and deer

Yes she will be with me, unless you want me to put her and the kids on a bus to Denton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Yes she will be with me, unless you want me to put her and the kids on a bus to Denton.

Hell yeah! Send Erin and Austyn! Not sure I could keep the wild man in check though..

Comment

Hopefully these temps will make the deer start hitting the feeders more and kick off the rut.

Comment

Rattled in 6 bucks at one spot yesterday. Getting a lot better rapidly.

Son got his first doe as well as his first kill with a rifle. .223.

Comment

Comment

Nice job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Jerky.... the crap cull

Needs 5 more years.

Comment

Was a great weekend to be out in the woods. One of the best we’ve had as a lease so far. We ended up taking 13 deer, trying to put a dent in our cull and doe count before the big boys start chasing.

I videoed this buck Friday morning and I put another TBH member on him that evening. I’ll let daniel post how harvest pics on his awesome management buck.

My old man, the man that taught me everything ended up with a couple does. Couldn’t be happier for him.

Also got to take one of my buddies out hunting and introduce his five year old, Nolan to the outdoors. They ended up harvesting a great management 8. Nolan has a great time and didn’t want to leave.

Comment

Congrats to all JZ, looks like a good time.

Comment

Congrats to the hunters.

It was the exact opposite for us. Hunted 5 sits and never saw a doe nor a mature deer. Feeder activity is the slowest it has been all year. Still have several deer we know made it through the season that haven’t showed back up. Maybe these 3 days of frost will get them back on feeders.

Comment

Working...
                                X