Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke

Well my sweet little Bear Alaskan finally gave up the ghost. Only 59 yrs old. I'm broken hearted. Don't think I'll ever find another that shoots so sweet.
    I try to shoot it every day, this morning I was drawing it bk and heard kind of a squeaky sound but didn't feel anything so gave it a quick glance but didn't notice the break until I came in the house and accidentally ran my hand down the limb. Bummer!!
    I don't guess it can be repaired??
    Also have no idea what caused it unless it was just old.( Any suggestions??
    Any suggestions on a bow that shoots as smooth as it does ( that won't break the bank)?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Hate to see that Ronnie.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awe, man! That's a shame.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep! That one is toast! I’ve broke a couple over the years, and it always sucks rotten eggs when it happens!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I sold one that was really nice. The guy claims the post office broke it. The box did not show any damage. He probably broke it stringing it up. My thought is that those bows are just nearing the end of their lifespan. I shoot mine every now and then but use modern bows for play. The good thing about the Halloween bows is that they don't command a very high price if you decide to replace it.

Comment

Shame

Comment

That is a **** shame! Sorry buddy

Comment

Dang it Mr Ronnie hate that for ya. But I’d look at the Sarrels Blueridge SR Longbow.
                See them in the classifieds often so you should be able to find one.

Comment

what a great life it had...

Comment

59 years... thinking it deserves a spot on the wall, or in the rack of its biggest kill

Comment

Terrible, That thing has certainly had a long run
                      I think i'd be inclined to work some epoxy into it a clamp it real good. If all that led to was a still broken bow then put it on a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Terrible, That thing has certainly had a long run
                        I think i'd be inclined to work some epoxy into it a clamp it real good. If all that led to was a still broken bow then put it on a wall.
                        Actually, modern epoxies may be stronger than the original materials and hold just fine so long as you get complete penetration and cure.

Comment

Mama says she's going to decorate with it. Wall hanger. I'm happy with that. Like said, it deserves that.
                          And thanks for the condolences. Lol.
                          But I really do miss not getting to shoot it.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw one broke like that. The guy put epoxy on it, then wrapped with rawhide. He shot a deer with it 2 weeks later. That was a 54lb recurve.

pray for rain

Comment

I think that one deserves to rest after 59 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X