jump starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jump starter?

anyone have any luck with portable jump starters? i'm often in the field alone and in areas with little to no cell service and thinking about purchasing one just in case. my work truck has a 6.2 gasser but i often ride out with guys in larger diesels.

can anyone recommend a make and model that might work for me?

thanks.

Tag

Comment

I had a DeWalt one, can't remember the model number. It worked well, as long as I remembered to keep it charged. Problem is that you throw it in the toolbox and forget to charge it......then when you need it you are hosed. Put a reminder on your phone to charge it. It's also basically a deep cycle battery that will eventually go bad, just like all batteries do.

Comment

Mines an arteck I believe. Bout 30$ on Amazon I bought as a portable charger in the blind for my phone but it worked great on my wife’s truck and lawn mower. Not so much on the back hoe at the ranch. For 30$ it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just used a Stanley a couple days ago. They are a must have!

Comment

I have one, can't remember what kind. I've used it to jump the zero turn and my Polaris, but I wouldn't expect it to jump an engine that uses two 12v batteries.

Comment

Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I have one, can't remember what kind. I've used it to jump the zero turn and my Polaris, but I wouldn't expect it to jump an engine that uses two 12v batteries.
                It can do it! Trust me I know!

Comment

Stanley fatmax has saved my *** on numerous occasions. Have used it to jump start trucks on many occasions and aired up flat tires on several more. I have the older version of this one and it still is going strong. Got me off the top of a mountain a couple times and have used it to jump people on the side of the road as well

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    Stanley fatmax has saved my *** on numerous occasions. Have used it to jump start trucks on many occasions and aired up flat tires on several more. I have the older version of this one and it still is going strong. Got me off the top of a mountain a couple times and have used it to jump people on the side of the road as well

Yup that's what I have!

Comment

The one I carry.

Clore Automotive

Comment

I have this one. Works great.

Comment

I have this one... my neighbor sold me on it. Instead of buying a new battery for his car, he just jumped his car every morning and every evening. He would go a couple weeks without changing his portable charger. He did it for months

Comment

Mine is a High-Power brand got off of Amazon 25-30 bucks works great.

Comment

tagg

Comment

Working...
                              X