Chicharron Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicharron Tacos

Anyone have any chicharron breakfast taco recipes? These are my favorite by far, and I'd love to know how to make them.

Subbed, love me some chicharron tacos!

Comment

My favorite too!

Comment

A wildly popular Latin snack food throughout the Americas, chicharrones are made from pork belly that has been cooked for a long time with the skin on, and contains a little meat (what we think of as pork rinds in the United States). Though usually eaten as a crispy snack, they also make a tasty taco filling when heated in a sauce until softened and chewy. The most unusual chicharrones are those made from the whole pork skin fried in one piece—they’re about four feet long by two feet wide and resemble some dried prehistoric animal. You’ll see them for sale on weekends along the highways in areas of Mexico where there are a lot of pigs, sometimes next to a huge pot of pork fat boiling over an open fire. They’re almost always made to order; you stop and buy a piece or buy the whole thing. I’m guessing you only see them by the highways because they are so enormous you need a car or pickup truck to get one home.

Comment

"The most unusual chicharrones are those made from the whole pork skin fried in one piece... " That's how it's supposed to be done! Every Easter/Christmas, we'd slaughter a pig and grandma's duty was the chicharron. Can still smell it!

OP, this is pretty close to the way momma makes it.

Chicharrones con Huevos roughly translates to “pork rinds with eggs”. Though, I thought I’d spice it up a little bit by adding tomato, avocado, jalapenos, and of course cilantro to the mix. While ketoproof coffee is a fantastic way to get fats into your diet, it’s not all that nutritionally dense. There’s tons of micronutrients […]
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm gonna have to try both recipes! I stop at a little taqueria at least once a week to grab me one on my way to work, or on my way home from work. I'll take them over anything else, including fresh barbacoa.

Comment

Corn tortillas, with any type of chicharron is killer combination!!! I like the chicharron de res (beef) ,,, and the prensado (pork)!!!!

Comment

Mmm

Comment

Originally posted by B_R View Post
                  Mmm
                  3 for 3

Comment

A can of rotel and a small can of tomatoes sauce bring to a boil and add pork skins until they begin to soften. Add to corn tortillias. I am sure the taco shops cook them down in enchilada sauce.

Comment

roast tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic. Blend with a little water. Saute mixture in pan with a little oil for about 15 minutes over medium high heat bring to boil add chicharron season to taste turn down to low heat and simmer for another ~10 minutes enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X