No announcement yet.

Bow Exploded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a pse? glad you werent hurt badly. after i havent shot one of my bows for awhile it always scares me a little that first draw and shot.

Comment

It was a 2010 Martin Cheetah. All of it was setup by the retailer. I sent them both an email today. It scared the wife pretty bad cause the kids had just been put to bed. She kept saying "what if it had hurt the kids". I wouldn't sue I'm not that kind of a guy. I want them to just make this right.

Comment

They should dang sure atleast send you a new one or something....thats BS

Comment

That is crazy! From the looks of the bow you were very lucky. I'm anxious to see what the manufacture does to make it right. Be sure to post the results of your email to the retailer and manufacture.

Comment

I will keep everyone up to date on what happens. This isn't the only forum I'm part of and as I can see it this is a chance for two well known companies to prove themselves.

Comment

Martin has really good customer service. My buddy dry-fired my martin bow a few years back and they replaced my limbs, no questions asked. They should be able to handle this. Glad you only came away with minor issues...

Comment

Thats crazy. I am shooting a martin jaguar. Love the bow, and shoots great. Hopefully this does not become a comon thing for the martin line...

Comment

oh and glad you are ok!

Comment

Pse

Originally posted by 0007 View Post
                    Well I've had my bow a week and a day and this is what happened. I was drawing it when it blew up. I got a black-eye and a huge bullwhip mark on my arm, my wrist is bruised and when the bottom cam came off it clipped my right ear. My neighbor had to drive me to the hospitle to get my eye looked at....

did i see that bow being fixed at outdoor pro hops in garland?????

Comment

No that wasn't mine. Was it a Martin Cheetah? This makes me wonder if they are having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 0007 View Post
                        No that wasn't mine. Was it a Martin Cheetah? This makes me wonder if they are having issues.
                        Thats the problem...you bought a Tiger Woods bow.....Cheetah.....I know.

Good thing you weren't seriously injured. These things are in the back of my mind everytime I draw my bow. I pray this never happens anybody!!

Please do follow up. I hope they don't place this malfunction on you.

Comment

That's rough... Glad you're alright. Definitely keep us in the loop on the company's response.

Comment

Martin has the best customer service in the industry .. "509.529.2554 talk to Joel"...
                            Hell, maybe you can get him to send you a Firecat.....

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              That's part of what's wrong with America! Too many sue happy people!

It's fortunate that you weren't hurt worse.
                              You said that it was the css system, that was striped. Is that a manufacturer's issue or user error?
                              True words,,,,

Comment

wow glad your ok

Comment

Working...
                                X