Public BOW hunting committee needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public BOW hunting committee needed.

I have been doing ALOT of foot work with Travis Co. And surrounding counties about hunting on COUNTY land within or not within city limits.

I have spoken to game wardens @ TPWD, and about ever land management office director and public office rep. And have been "stonewalled"

I understand that this post is just the tip of the iceberg however,

If some folks would like to call me and maybe we set up a public meeting location maybe just maybe we can get the county commissioner to allow area permits to bow hunt on unimproved land.

Thanks for reading, and look forward to hearing from you.

Daniel Holland
    254-535-1396

If you get a meeting date set let me know.

I know a few people that work for the Travis Co and the BCP system. I would love to hunt that land. I would be surprised if they allowed hunting on the preserve land, it is very fragmented and managed by many different public and private organizations. I know some of them hire private companies to remove a number of deer each year.

Comment

Might want to check with some counties in places like Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island, and see what they have done to allow bowhunting near residential areas. I know some of them do.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
        Might want to check with some counties in places like Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island, and see what they have done to allow bowhunting near residential areas. I know some of them do.
        Might also look into the morgans point area on lake belton, I believe they also do something similiar.

Comment

You might want to consider talking to some of the folks at the Lone Star Bowhunting Association. They have experience in this area (dealing with government.) And while you are at it, go ahead and join

Comment

Agree with ALL posts.

There is LOADS of land that is NOT A PARK, not in backyards, not hunted and over ran....

County land is "fair game", HOWEVER.... U can't hunt it without permission (written) by the county...

Dave, if u can give me a call or PM and we can talk about that would be cool. All in all I'm just trying to gain sum access to ALL this TEXAS LAND!!! Lol

The recommendation from estate manager for the county is contact commissioner.

Comment

I've been hunting in Arizona for the past 3 years, all they have is public land. One of my favorite places was 20 north of scottsdale in a hiking preserve, some pretty nice desert mule deer in there. I don't see why Texas doesn't have more "bow only land". Will be following for updates!

Comment

im in lightsouthunter and were not to far apart...let me know what i can do to help

Comment

Thanks Jäger, I know for fact north some and west of your area in Buda there is a BUNCH of area also..

South of all the $$$$$$$$. In the hills.

The reality is; who would know? The fact is I'm not gonna get a Felony over deer.. Lol

I'm gonna gather steam, all we'd need is a fairly large group (50 or so)... No more then we're out at the stand by Granger draw!!!

And we'd have a good chance of making some headway

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                    I've been hunting in Arizona for the past 3 years, all they have is public land. One of my favorite places was 20 north of scottsdale in a hiking preserve, some pretty nice desert mule deer in there. I don't see why Texas doesn't have more "bow only land". Will be following for updates!
                    People who grew up here really don't realize what they are missing.
                    Last edited by Limbwalker; 10-22-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I live in morgans point we cant hunt in city limits but i would give my left nad to do though, there out of control around here.

Comment

Is this a case of an East coast "blue" state being ahead of Texas?

Comment

In the September issue, Frank Miniter wrote a great piece about hunting "Greenway Ghosts," giving you the information you need to kill a mature whitetail buck in the suburbs. Hunting near town is a proven tactic for taking big bucks and it's critical for managing whitetail populations. That being said, it's something I'm just not cut out for. Last weekend, packing a compound and a climber, my buddy Mike and I slogged through a Connecticut swamp that was lined with "Desperate Housewives" style homes and gardens. Well before sunrise I set up on a little oak ridge between the homes and thick swamp for my first sit of the deer season. I've never hunted so close to civilization before, but I'm almost out of venison and this spot is only 65 miles away from my Brooklyn apartment … so, why not?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X