Quail hunting in Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail hunting in Georgia

A few friends and I are are wanting to do a "plantation style" quail hunt when we go to Athens for the Texas A&M v Georgia game in November. Does anyone have any recommendations on an outfitter?

Bray's Island Plantation

Comment

Where are you staying, in Athens?

Comment

Longleaf Plantation. Its on my list of places to go. Have some friends that have been and they love it. https://longleafplantation.net/

Comment

Rio Piedra is phenomenal. Best quail hunting I have ever done.

Exceptional Georgia quail hunts, fine dining and upscale accommodations are why Rio Piedra ranks at the top of the list among quail hunting plantations in Georgia.

Comment

There are a lot of great plantations to chose from... Longleaf and Rio are both great places. I like South Wind as well, its near Thomasville also.

SouthWind Plantation is an award-winning hunting lodge in Southern Georgia. Perfect for groups and weddings, or just a weekend getaway.

Comment

Keep in mind that most 'quail plantations' in Georgia have pen raised quail not wild quail. You may have to kick them to get them out of the brush. You'll get to shoot plenty but it's not the same as hunting wild quail.

Comment

Originally posted by gadeerwoman View Post
                Keep in mind that most 'quail plantations' in Georgia have pen raised quail not wild quail. You may have to kick them to get them out of the brush. You'll get to shoot plenty but it's not the same as hunting wild quail.
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by black42 View Post
                  Where are you staying, in Athens?
                  Yes staying in athens

Comment

Working...
                  X