Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built a backstop so I can shoot whenever I want.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benginuiti View Post
    anyone ever use house stall mats? Do they bend arrows with practice tips?
    No the mats do a good job of absorbing the arrows energy and stopping them .... have plenty experience on that

Comment

I like your backstop.

I've got similar targets to your sand bag but hang them horizontal to simulate a deer body.

Those horse stall mats will definitely stop an arrow but they can be a real bear to remove! I wore myself out pulling one and quit shooting for the day.
      Last edited by Lost Arra; 06-14-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Works for me

Comment

Good lookin backstop.

Ive been wondering if anybody baits for Eurasian Collared Dove and slays them trad style. There is a mess of them west of I35 in Williamson County...especially Leander.

Comment

Looks good!

Bisch

Comment

Mine. Half of a stall mat and three 2x4s. Sure saves walking and searching for arrows on a bad shot!
              Attached Files

Comment

Now that I'm a bit more accurate I need to build a smaller one that'll hold fewer spiders.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Good lookin backstop.

Ive been wondering if anybody baits for Eurasian Collared Dove and slays them trad style. There is a mess of them west of I35 in Williamson County...especially Leander.
                  Ha ha ha ha!!! guilty of trying. I have attracted a whole bunch of birds. I have seen some Eurasians near my house, but none have found/taken the bait.

Comment

Squirrels like dogfood... I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                      Good lookin backstop.

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      Ha ha ha ha!!! guilty of trying. I have attracted a whole bunch of birds. I have seen some Eurasians near my house, but none have found/taken the bait.
                      Hmm.... We've got White Wings all over the back yard when we feed. I might have to try and take one with the bow come September.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                        Hmm.... We've got White Wings all over the back yard when we feed. I might have to try and take one with the bow come September.

Richard.
                        You can't bait for those...

Edit: or I should say, it is unlawful to do so for the purpose of hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 06-15-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          You can't bait for those...

Edit: or I should say, it is unlawful to do so for the purpose of hunting.

Good to know! I'll have to look up the definition of baiting as they just drop out of the trees when we feed our chickens. I'd much rather they went elsewhere as they can sure suck up the feed. Like turkeys and raccoons at a deer feeder.

Thanks!

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                            Good to know! I'll have to look up the definition of baiting as they just drop out of the trees when we feed our chickens. I'd much rather they went elsewhere as they can sure suck up the feed. Like turkeys and raccoons at a deer feeder.

Thanks!

Richard.
                            That is baiting. There is no concept of intent in the definition.

Comment

Well then I sure as heck aren't going to shoot at them.

Richard.

Comment

Or at least don't post photos on the internet!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X