Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    some more than others...

I prefer the look of the forearm flush or even having the can countersunk inside. I made a good buy on the phantom but that booger is heavy as well.
    I really looked hard at the phantom cans, they are heavy in comparison to my M41000 and the SD. Their price is nice though!

Now I'm in to deep to switch all my QD mounts.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a 300SD for my next bolt build, though, if the price is close I may just go with AAC's Lapua can and be done.

Keg,

Sweet SOCOM!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      I really looked hard at the phantom cans, they are heavy in comparison to my M41000 and the SD. Their price is nice though!

Now I'm in to deep to switch all my QD mounts.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a 300SD for my next bolt build, though, if the price is close I may just go with AAC's Lapua can and be done.

Keg,

Sweet SOCOM!
      Let the 300SD sit on the shelf for 6 months before you purchase it. They will lower that price (if they ever release the can) due to the Gemtech Sandstorm being similar and cheaper.

I purchased the Ti-Rant 9mm shortly after they released it (serial number 13) and they dropped the price significantly after the Osprey 9mm came out and started competing with it.

Comment

i originally planned to get the m41k but got the yhm at cost...it was a no brainer. I'll get a top shelf on the next round when the wallet is in better shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
          Let the 300SD sit on the shelf for 6 months before you purchase it. They will lower that price (if they ever release the can) due to the Gemtech Sandstorm being similar and cheaper.

I purchased the Ti-Rant 9mm shortly after they released it (serial number 13) and they dropped the price significantly after the Osprey 9mm came out and started competing with it.
          Why is AAC so notorious for failing to get their cans to market? I.E. Black Box

It will be next year before I order that can, thanks for the tip. Is the Sandstorm rated for 300 Win? It's a thread on can correct? I hate thread on cans!

If I would do it all over again I would have gone without the 223 cans and went with 762 cans.

Comment

They claim they have to fill military contract before civilian ones. For the 300SD, they are competing for a military contract.

Not sure about the sandstorm and 300 win, but it is a fast attach suppressor.

I really like my M42000 and have a SPR/M4 on the way, along with two Scar-H SD suppressors and a 762 SD.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	M4 sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	23929955

Not sure how tacticool but this is what I carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                [ATTACH]160473[/ATTACH]

That's a working mans gun! Thank's bud, we appreciate what your doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  [ATTACH]160473[/ATTACH]

That sir is a weapon!

Thanks for keeping us safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                    They claim they have to fill military contract before civilian ones. For the 300SD, they are competing for a military contract.

Not sure about the sandstorm and 300 win, but it is a fast attach suppressor.

I really like my M42000 and have a SPR/M4 on the way, along with two Scar-H SD suppressors and a 762 SD.
                    I wonder what contract? The US doesn't utilize a 300 win in their arsenal anywhere? Maybe a foreign contract? Doesn't make sense that they would be upgrading the standard 762 can.

Comment

travis
                      i read an article yesterday stating the military was rebarreling their M24's to 300 win. mag. Odds are, they already have some 300's in their hands...

this isnt the article I read but it has the same info. click

even wiki talks about it MK 248 MOD 1 .300 Winchester Magnum
                      Last edited by Bily Lovec; 05-02-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                        travis
                        i read an article yesterday stating the military was rebarreling their M24's to 300 win. mag. Odds are, they already have some 300's in their hands...

this isnt the article I read but it has the same info. click

even wiki talks about it MK 248 MOD 1 .300 Winchester Magnum
                        yeah, thats what I heard.

Comment

someone walk me through the pros and cons of the various sling options. I am having trouble deciding between a set up like Dave's and a single point harness system.

Comment

hmmm, a suppressor would be nice. I have been thinking about getting one for my AR when I get back.

Comment

My opinion is that unless you are doing dedicated CQB the single point sling really limits you. You can't move around much at all with out keeping both hands on the weapon. With a two point you can let go and do whatever you need with your hand then pick the weapon back up quickly. I'm not a fan of three point slings at all.

They have started the field the 300 Win Mag's. I have seen one here in country at least. It will take them a while to get them down to all the line units though.

Comment

pic doesn't show it but I recently added a pri sling attachment to the handguard and can go from single to 2 point in a few seconds.

the magpul Ms2 /MS3 with their asap plate is pretty slick.

Comment

Working...
                                X