No announcement yet.

2017 TBH cyclists thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday and Tuesday's training was hard on this old man. I'm still way behind from where I was last year but I am gaining on it. Last year before I got injured I was 20 minute steady states at 290watts.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am giving up my low carb training diet. I just can't do it with the amount of high intensity training I'm doing right now. Friday I did a short ride of 31 miles and didn't think I was going to be able to finish when I was three miles into the ride. I was seriously bonking. I stopped and had some trail mix and a couple of GU and was able to continue but it was miserable.

Friday evening I carbed up and on Saturday I carbed up for breakfast and lunch and the difference in my 3 hour ride of Saturday was amazing. I'm done with low carb until this winter!

Comment

Definitely a novice here. Started training for MS150 very late and am beginning to worry about being ready. Rode it six years ago but I was in spectacular shape then and hardly trained, just dug it out. You guys averaging 20+ sure know how to make a guy feel silly!

Comment

I gotta get a new seat! Did a sprint tri last Sunday and went number about 7 miles into the ride.

Comment

Back on the road again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bike. Is that a Domane? I have the Trek ALR6 road bike.

Comment

Does anyone have any information about a cyclist that was hit on I20, just Wewt of Fort Worth on Monday afternoon?

I was headed to Aledo at about 3:15 pm and he was laying in the center lane face down and his bike was crumpled in the oustside lane. I don't understand how it happened!

It did not look good for him!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                    Does anyone have any information about a cyclist that was hit on I20, just Wewt of Fort Worth on Monday afternoon?

I was headed to Aledo at about 3:15 pm and he was laying in the center lane face down and his bike was crumpled in the oustside lane. I don't understand how it happened!

It did not look good for him!
                    I haven't heard anything but riding on I20 doesn't sound like a good idea

Comment

In PA they turned many old railroad tracks into what they called rails to trails. Do they have those here? I built this out of a 90's (1994 I "think") Rockhopper. The suspension fork was broken so I got rigid forks from Nashbar. It worked well for day trips. I was going to put a front rack on and ride from Pittsburgh to DC with some other cyclists but we never made it happen.

I lowered that janky stem after these pics.

I am considering getting a nice MTB for trail riding later this year.

Comment

Great thread. I bought a Gary Fisher Tassahara and a Trek 2.3 back in 2009 and rode religiously until I snapped my ACL in 2010. Bikes have sat up since then. Until 2 weekends ago when I dropped off the mtn bike to get serviced. I'm determined to get back on it, 3 kids or not.

Comment

Originally posted by the preacherman View Post
                          Nice bike. Is that a Domane? I have the Trek ALR6 road bike.
                          No, just the 1.2., but I upgraded some stuff. I spent the real money on my mountain bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            No, just the 1.2., but I upgraded some stuff. I spent the real money on my mountain bike.

I have never ridden a MTB. I'm afraid if I do I'll never ride my roadie again. 😉

Comment

Well, I finally broke out my bike 3 months into the year I should have been at it since late January. Anyhow, I noticed a thin film of rust on the chain along with some on the brake disc. What can I use to clean the brake discs? I assume I can't use anything with an oil base to it. Any help is highly appreciated...

Comment

I'm recovering from a three level cervical fusion (2 wks now). I'm breaking the bike out again tomorrow. Have to be ready for the MS150!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X