No announcement yet.

Walmart handgun ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this will anger more than please. Maybe not anger, but annoy. I bet Walmart sells more ammo than people realize. At least as cheap or less than academy, with a smaller selection of course.

Comment

Another reason to despise Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by jbh1324 View Post
        I saw this posted: Walmart will sell what remains of the handgun ammunition it has offered, along with the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber ammunition that can be used in military-style weapons. But then it will be focused on gunsused by sportsmen.
        Walmart still has shipping containers full of ammo. They buy by the truck load so it will be a long time before they run out of anything. Just my guess

Comment

Wal Mart is the only place back home we can grab some ammo when we're feeling frisky and want to go waste some time.

If we have to plan our boredom I guess we won't be shooting as much.

Comment

This is a good reason to learn to reload and cast bullets you don't have to worry about this kind of thing. I have been storing up for years and dad has been since the late 60's. If not then support you Mom and pop shops they need us to stay in business, sure you pay a little more but you get what you pay for. The only thing I have bought from WalMart in years is 22 shells and o ly because I was there and they had them.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
              According to Walmart they are in the top 10% of stores for ammo sales.
              Hold my beer and watch this! Boom sales gone! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                Does anyone still buy guns and ammo from Walmart? Finding someone with a key to unlock the ammo case must be like finding the dead sea scrolls. And I know how enthusiastic they are about selling a hunting/fishing license, can you image dealing with them on a firearm sale?
                The Walmart news is disheartening to hear. I worked at our local Walmart in the sporting goods section for four years during college. I learned a ton about guns and ammo and loved selling both. Walmart is probably the cheapest retailer of ammo but I never buy any there. I reload most of my ammo. They sell the Winchester white box of 9mm for $85 for 500 rounds. That's cheap. I haven't bought a gun there in probably 5 yrs or longer. This change doesn't surprise me. Walmart hasn't been ran the same since the mid 2000s when some of the Waltons died in a plane crash (I believe). Academy sales just went up and it's definitely a hell of lot easier to buy ammo when it isn't locked up.

Comment

Does anyone still buy guns and ammo from Walmart? Finding someone with a key to unlock the ammo case must be like finding the dead sea scrolls. And I know how enthusiastic they are about selling a hunting/fishing license, can you image dealing with them on a firearm sale?
                  I agree on their 'locked-up' ammo and behind-counter stuff but I've bought 3-4 guns from them over the years and its not been any different than anyone else; look at the gun, fill out paperwork, wait on the background check, pay for it, they walk you out with it.
                  Actually Academy was worse, they acted like they didn't want to sell anything, just some rude characters behind their gun counters. They acted like the guns were their's.

Comment

Luckily in Paris the local Atwoods has a large sporting goods section that carries a lot of guns, pistols, black (and tan) rifles of death, and the projectiles that spew forth from them. Gasp... they even have drum mag's and accessories.

Comment

IMO, WallyWorld wants to distance themself from any future litigation involving these types of shootings. If the shooter is known to have bought ammo from WallyWorld, attorneys will try to sue the seller claiming they're partly responsible. By not selling select ammo or firearms, WallyWorld is out of the picture and avoids the liberal media circus.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                        Luckily in Paris the local Atwoods has a large sporting goods section that carries a lot of guns, pistols, black (and tan) rifles of death, and the projectiles that spew forth from them. Gasp... they even have drum mag's and accessories.
                        I heard that we are getting an Atwoods in Mt Pleasant. I hope they carry guns & ammo and put a hurtin on the pawn shops.

Comment

Bought a shotgun and hunting license at ours last weekend, not busy, no long lines etc. But I was there for well into an hour... and that's with a CHL.

Comment

I haven't stepped in a Wal Mart in years. I wouldn't have thought they sell that much ammo.

Comment

I didn't have many reasons to shop at Walmart before. Have no reason to go there now.

Comment

I wonder when they'll stop selling alcohol to DWI'ers

Comment

Working...
                                X