new to photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to photography

I am new to photography and need help. I am trying to post some pics on here but I dont know how to resize them to fit. The site is saying the jpeg max is 680 x 680 and my pics are about 2000 x 2000. how do you resize the pic?

Also, I bought a Sony DSLR-A200 with a 300mm lens. Is this camera ok for this hobby?

Thanks for any help.

Online image resize utility to resize pictures or photos and images quickly for free. Resize jpg, png or gif pictures and Digital Photos. We make it easy to resize photos without installing any software.

I use this. There is a way within windows as well. Someone will post more info, but that site will get you going for now. Think you can do 600 pixels and better quality and it will still post.

Comment

I always open them in Paint, click the image tab, go to resize/skew..., then type in 50% in the hirzontal and vertical boxes and press enter. You can do different perentages as well depending on how much you have to down size. Then save it. If you want to keep your orginal copy and size makes sure you save as a different name such as deer 2 instead of just deer so you have a big and small copy.

Comment

I use irfanview. It is free, works with most, if not all photos, and does a lot, but I only use it to resize my photos these days.

Let me know if you decide to use this and I will be glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X