Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    Way to go Skinny! Been playing opossum?!

Haha. Yeah I'm not sure what all the sand bagging stuff is about. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If they don't know I'm bound to be in a tree, then I don't know what to say. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Andrea and Smart, as judges have ruled that a

skunk is 1/2 point...
      coons 1/2 point...
      coyotes 1/2 point
      bobcats 1/2 point

Ok really we didn't rule but thought that might be a cool variable. Especially the killing coons part[emoji13]. It might get some more arrows flung.

I concur! When do we get to be the drinking guides for said competition? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        Thanks y'all! Feels good to be killing pigs with a bow again!

I honestly didn't think I made too good of a shot on this pig...I was feeling a little rushed as the big sows were going crazy right under my ladder stand. Guessing they were trying to keep up with their piglets. I had been out there earlier on the Ranger to pull cards and throw corn, so I thought they might smell my flip flop stank! [emoji23]

I was 15' up in the tree and the pig I shot was probably 10 yards from the base of the tree I was in...if that.

They were a little jumpy at the bow light at first but I went for it.

Guessing I hit an artery or something as the arrow was guts and good blood. There was more blood splatter at the impact site than the trail...but I followed drop after drop through a little wooded area and she was dead in the clearing on the other side.

My dogs...and wife aka Bowgal, had a little fun with her before the LDPs[emoji23]

https://vimeo.com/200441365

Oh. Thanks.

Comment

Andrea and Smart..... Squirrels and rabbits= ¼ point? Lol

Comment

Sand bagging = "you hunting tonight Jeff? No! You hunting tonight Skinny? No! I'm just gonna watch tv with my girls!" Next text is Skinny photo from a tree stand. lol.

You sand bag all you want Skeeny. If I lose by 20 is fine with me as long as you're having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Sand bagging = "you hunting tonight Jeff? No! You hunting tonight Skinny? No! I'm just gonna watch tv with my girls!" Next text is Skinny photo from a tree stand. lol.

You sand bag all you want Skeeny. If I lose by 20 is fine with me as long as you're having fun.

Lmao!!!! I believe I told you I wasn't sure if I was hunting or not due to some bad lunch food!!! My wife made me eat some charcoal for my gut ache and kicked me out the door. [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by BowGal View Post
                I concur! When do we get to be the drinking guides for said competition? [emoji12]

Great question!!![emoji41]

Skinny is skeert to shoot a coon I think.

Comment

What's black and white, and red all over?

Just ask this feller! VVVV

Congrats on numero II Skinny.

Comment

Scoring summary...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      What's black and white, and red all over?

Just ask this feller! VVVV

Congrats on numero II Skinny.

Gracias amigo!

Comment

Here's an interesting story:

So y'all remember the other night when I was hunting over at my Dad's place and those kids were hunting the fenceline, driving up and down the fenceline and surrounding areas with their spot lights and shooting guns at armadillos or whatever it was?

Well, the second part of that story is that after I shot the pig, he ran towards the fenceline and died 50 yards or so from the feeder...my arrow didn't pass through the pig so he carried it with him until it fell out...red nockturnal glowing as the arrow stuck up through the grass.

Well those kids came back in their truck and drove the fenceline one more time and I heard one of them hollering "wth is that red thing in the grass???" "What is that????" I then hear one of them say something about jumping the fence. I couldn't tell if he was telling one of his buddies to jump the fence, or was telling him not to do so...so I figured I better get their attention so they would know someone was watching and would know if they crossed. As I hollered at them, I hit the switch on my bow light 4 or 5 times to let them know where I was. Once they saw that light flashing, and heard me holler, they got quiet, put the truck in reverse, and left the area.

Ok. Now the third part.

My dad is hanging out at his ranch house today and there's a knock on the door...which is strange as he doesn't get many visitors out there at all.

He answers the door and it's the GW!

The GW proceeded to tell my dad that there was a report from the neighbors about someone hunting with a red light on his (my Dad's) property...well yeah, my dad said...it was my son...he hog hunts with his bow and bow mounted light over here quite often...and has for the last 18 years. All good!

My dad informs the GW of my experience the other night as I was texting my dad during my hunt telling him exactly what was going on next door...GW took that into consideration and as expected, said all is good as long as they don't trespass or shoot across the fence. All good!

GW also said that there have been reports of trespassing from other landowners in the area...not sure what that's all about as we have cameras set over there and would likely catch a pic of anyone that goes near our hunting areas.

Anyway, I had put that little episode behind me until my dad called and told me he had a visit from the GW.

Figured y'all might like to hear that little tale, anyway.
                        Last edited by Skinny; 01-21-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Grrrrrrr....! My GOF heart rate would jump off the chart but keeping the peace for your dad is probably For the best.
                          Last edited by Fishndude; 01-21-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Grrrrrrr....! My GOF heart rate would jump off the chart but keeping the peace for your dad is probably For the best.

Yeah, we are friends with the neighbors...have been for years...so it's odd they didn't give us a call first. The kids must have not told the landowner, and I'm assuming it's their grandpa, and went straight to the GW.

My dad said the GW was really nice, left him a couple cards, and went on his way.

Comment

I hope grandpa gives those kids a real firm timeout ..[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I hope grandpa gives those kids a real firm timeout ..[emoji13][emoji23]

I spoke with the GW. Nice guy. Those weren't the grandkids like I assumed...they were kids that worked for my neighbor hauling hay and whatnot.

They reported that someone pointed a red light at them and that they were doing nothing wrong...I told him my story. He was happy that I called and that no one was hurt and it's just a routine call...and on to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X