BBQ Thermometer Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Thermometer Recommendations

I am in the market for a thermometer for smoking. I'm looking for something with at least four connections for probes, as I would like to run two ambient temp probes at grate level and still have two for meat. Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity is not mandatory but would he nice as well. Does anyone run a setup like this, of so what brand/model and what are your thoughts on it? Thanks

BBQ Guru makes the best and most affordable BBQ temperature controls in the world.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Maverick redi check from amazon has served me well. Looks like a few other options on there now in different brands that look appealing with good reviews but that was the most recommended a couple years ago and has been good for me. I am planning to order a thermapen though to double check the food temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Maverick if it's probin' you wanna do....

Comment

Weber iGrill2. I use it on my big smoker as well as on my Primo XL. Syncs to your phone, battery powered, 4 ports for probes. Great devise.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, does the Maverick have four probe capability? I looked at it online and seems to be a solid unit but the only ones I have seen are a two probe. I would really like four, as I would like to be able to monitor temps at grate level on both sides of the smoker and still have two probes for meat. I have also been looking hard at an Inkbird ITB-4X, does anyone have one of these or something similar they would recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Free2Hunt View Post
                Weber iGrill2. I use it on my big smoker as well as on my Primo XL. Syncs to your phone, battery powered, 4 ports for probes. Great devise.
                Yessir I looked at that one too & is very similar to the Inkbird model I am looking at. The only reason I think I like the Inkbird more is it has a better pricepoint & comes with four probes, while the Igrill comes with two probes and you have to buy the other two separate. Inkbird has a rechargeable battery that supposedly lasts up to 60 hr on a charge. Also the probes are almost 5 ft with the Inkbird and around 2 foot on the Igrill. I don't like that it is not waterproof but for the pricepoint realize you cant have it all lol. I am torn between the two though, as the Igrill2 does seem to be much more popular & makes me wonder if there is a reason other than marketing

Comment

Fireboard Labs is what I bought when I was looking for something with better range/capability than Maverick or Bluetooth models.

https://www.fireboard.com/

It comes with 3 probes and you can use up to 6. You can have multiple set points for each probe and it can email, text you when you hit each set point.
                  The dashboard is handy for keeping and eye on all your temp, phone or ipad.
                  The regular probes are waterproof too, Maverick's are not.

It works off wifi and you can access it where ever you have internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Free2Hunt View Post
                    This is what I have. My only complaint is the Bluetooth range. I have to reconnect every time I leave and come back to the pit.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                      Fireboard Labs is what I bought when I was looking for something with better range/capability than Maverick or Bluetooth models.

https://www.fireboard.com/

It comes with 3 probes and you can use up to 6. You can have multiple set points for each probe and it can email, text you when you hit each set point.
                      The dashboard is handy for keeping and eye on all your temp, phone or ipad.
                      The regular probes are waterproof too, Maverick's are not.

It works off wifi and you can access it where ever you have internet.
                      Thanks Texas276, this is similar to what I am after. It is pricier than the other two I have been looking at but also seems to be a higher quality unit. I will look into them for sure and see if I can justify the cost vs the others, thanks again

Comment

Thermo Pro, Amazon!

Comment

Working...
                        X