Santa Fe School shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Fe School shooting

Going to start this with Prayers sent.. but this has me ******.
    I'm sick of these schools continuing the soft target policies to appease the uninformed and uneducated anti-gun movements.
    They are getting people killed. Period.

It doesnt take much common sense to see that these gun-free zones are nothing more than a free invitation to these cowards to get their fame with little to no fear of resistance or instant reprocussion.

You want gun free and PROTECTION FREE zones... make them your houses... NOT WHERE OUR KIDS GO TO SCHOOL.
    ENOUGH IS A ****IN' ENOUGH.

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Going to start this with Prayers sent.. but this has me ******.
    I'm sick of these schools continuing the soft target policies to appease the uninformed and uneducated anti-gun movements.
    They are getting people killed. Period.

It doesnt take much common sense to see that these gun-free zones are nothing more than a free invitation to these cowards to get their fame with little to no fear of resistance or instant reprocussion.

You want gun free and PROTECTION FREE zones... make them your houses... NOT WHERE OUR KIDS GO TO SCHOOL.
    ENOUGH IS A ****IN' ENOUGH.

I agree. And I will add that we need to stop raising kids that are wusses and cant handle disappointments or disagreements. My Generation, Generation X( fixing to be 44) Has raised a bunch of titty babies. These kids their whole life have been coddled and catered to, been told they are the best even when they suck, give them participation trophies for losing. What we are seeing is the end results. These kids don't know how to handle rejection and failure. They've forgotten how to communicate due to social Media. They don't handle their insecurities. Bottom-line my Generation, Generation X, has failed overall, when it comes to raising kids.
    Last edited by BrandonA; 05-18-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I agree that schools shouldn’t ban law abiding citizens from carrying, but given the low percentages of people with CHLs and students aren’t old enough to carry, they'll remain soft targets unless they specifically arm a certain number of teachers in each school.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        I agree. And I will add that we need to stop raising kids that are wusses and cant handle disappointments or disagreements. My Generation, Generation X( fixing to be 44) Has raised a bunch of titty babies. These kids their whole life have been coddled and catered to, been told they are the best even when they suck, give them participation trophies for losing. What we are seeing is the end results. These kids don't know how to handle rejection and failure. They've forgotten how to communicate due to social Media. They don't handle their insecurities. Bottom-line my Generation, Generation X, has failed overall, when it comes to raising kids.
        Can’t just blame it all on parenting. There are some people that cant be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          Can’t just blame it all on parenting. There are some people that cant be fixed.

Thats true but you can blame the majority of it on the parents.

Comment

We need people that do their jobs. People that STAY involved with their Children. We need people to stop ridiculing and tormenting others. We need more social / physical activity for our Children.

There is no one cure all fix ...

Comment

I agree that schools shouldn’t ban law abiding citizens from carrying, but given the low percentages of people with CHLs and students aren’t old enough to carry, they'll remain soft targets unless they specifically arm a certain number of teachers in each school.
              They'll remain soft targets until such a time they stop advertising they are soft targets and have measures to meet aggression with aggression.

When the corner gas station has a higher level of security than our schools theres a problem.
              Gun Free Zone signs DO NOT HELP.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                They'll remain soft targets until such a time they stop advertising they are soft targets and have measures to meet aggression with aggression.

When the corner gas station has a higher level of security than our schools theres a problem.
                Gun Free Zone signs DO NOT HELP.
                Sad but true. Prayers for Santa Fe.

Comment

Arming the teachers is not a reasonable solution. Armed security at every entrance and every hallway is.

Employ our vets, train them, pay them to protect our children.

Comment

It's not just one thing. Society as a whole has gotten us this over decades of entitlement and "if it feels good do it." We no longer punish criminals, we no longer promote responsibility in anything, we accept ignorance and weirdness in exchange for not hurting feelings. Much of my generation and most of the current one has been coddled and told they're special. This just leads to another generation of adults who can't cope with anything and feel like they're owned the world. Until we as society get our collective heads from our rears, nothing will change.

Comment

I don't want to hear politicians say we as a state can't afford to protect schools.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          BINGO!! I have been thinking this all morning. The only things I would add to your list is bully free zones and zero tolerance. Bullying (giving and taking) helps kids learn to live in society and as you said learn to handle rejection, adversity, etc. Zero tolerance has gotten rid of the playground fight where everything is settled and everyone is friends again by the time they go back to class. Now you get in a little fight and police, etc. get involved and things never get settled.

I don't think it is just the parents though. It is society and the liberal way to never hurt anyone's feelings which leads directly to incidents like this.
                          Last edited by cehorn; 05-18-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                            BINGO!! I have been thinking this all morning. The only things I would add to your list is bully free zones and zero tolerance. Bullying (giving and taking) helps kids learn to live in society and as you said learn to handle rejection, adversity, etc. I don't think it is just the parents though. It is society and the liberal way to never hurt anyone's feelings which leads directly to incidents like this.
                            Part of our responsibility as involved parents is to recognize our kids treating other kids poorly and handle it. Tormenting other kids, and then acting like the kid that can't take it is the problem is part of the problem.

You have to correct both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              Part of our responsibility as involved parents is to recognize our kids treating other kids poorly and handle it. Tormenting other kids, and then acting like the kid that can't take it is the problem is part of the problem.

You have to correct both sides.
                              I don't disagree. BUT, there are also things kids (well people in general) need to learn to figure out how to deal with without the help of their parents. Or at least try to resolve it on their own. These coping skills are going away with the zero tolerance/no bullying concepts.

Comment

Working...
                              X