Awesome weekend hunting w/ My wife!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome weekend hunting w/ My wife!!

About a month ago we had some people over at the house and a longtime family friend of my wife's was there. I got to talking to her while watching football about their place in mason. She said her and her husband had 1k acres with all kinds of exotics and that it rarely gets hunted. Well we talked about it for a while and she told us we needed to come up. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity and we found a weekend we both had free and the plan was in motion.

Well this weekend was what we decided on and I was ready to go. We left town early friday and got there about 4:30 that afternoon. We got to the house and she met us there and said if we hurry we can get a hunt in that evening. She said they were over populated with whitetail due to poor management before they bought the place and that we should shoot as many as possible. My wife was wanting to shoot something "funny looking" so we decided on auodad as her target and I was looking for any axis bucks because they did not think they had any mature blackbuck, which is what I really was hoping to get to kill.

Carri went hunting with the friend in a stand where they had seen the auodad and I went by myself. We scared some deer off when I got to the stand but they came back. I had some does and a nice mature 8pt show up first. I really liked the buck but it was the first hunt and I was hoping for some axis to show. Some more whitetail doe funnel in and from my left I see this solid black blackbuck. I immediately text asking if I can shoot because I can see he has at least 3 curls and is solid black leading me to believe he was mature. I got the green light and down he went.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackbuck(f).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	24942068

Name:	Me Blackbuck(f).jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24942067

I was extremely excited because for so long I have wanted to shoot a blackbuck. About 10 minutes later I hear a shot in the distance and get a text that carri got her a big auodad. And she was super excited too and he was a beast. He weighed 285lbs.

Name:	Carri Auodad(f).jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	24942065

Name:	Auodad hanging(f).jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24942066

Not only had we gotten to the ranch early but got a hunt in and got our target animals on the first hunt. We never would have expected that. Now it was time for some population control. The next morning me and Carri hunted the stand I hunted friday night and saw the same nice 8pt come out but carri didnt shot him because she said she would feel stingy taking 2 awesome trophies. But she did shoot a doe.

That afternoon when we were driving around looking at the ranch carri was told she should have shot that buck and that if she saw him that evening she better shoot him. That evening was her first time to hunt alone as this has been her real first season truly hunting( she shot her first buck a nice 6 pt just a month ago). I hunted a different stand hoping to see some axis does. Well the buck came out and she smoked him. She went 3 hunts killing 3 animals in 3 shots with her lever action .243. She made me very proud.

Name:	Carri 8pt(f).jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24942069

Name:	Carri 8pt (2)(f).jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	24942070

I saw some whitetail doe and shot one and also saw a spike sika that I was told on friday that if we saw he needed to die so I did what I was told.

Name:	Me Doe & Sika(f).jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	24942071

This was just an amazing weekend and we had a blast. We have an open invitation to come back and I will make sure that happens. I am so blessed for every opportunity God has given me in this life and now not only will we have a freezer full but an increasing taxidermy bill. Sorry for being so long winded.

Congrats!

Comment

Wow congrats to y'all!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

You guys cleaned up!!!

Comment

That's an awsome hunt! Congrat's

Comment

Congrats to both of you. Awsome hunt and story. Good luck on the next trip.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Great times

Comment

Good for you and the wife

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Truly amazing hunt, congrats to you both!

Comment

Congrats on that a freezer full!!

Comment

Congrats on the meat haul. Looks like a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X