Deer lease vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer lease vehicle

Hey guys. So I will soon be in the market of aquiring a means of transportation to leave at the lease. My folks and many other hunters on the lease have UTV's and fancy electric golf carts. Dont get me wrong, I love these, I just dont have that kind of coin to spend on one. Was looking at maybe getting a Ford Ranger or Toyota, or some other little disposable truck. Anyways, this is where I turn to the green screen. I need ideas on what other deer lease "rigs" you guys have. Feel free to post pics! Thanks

Those are the way to go if it's open areas...but be prepared to haul THEIR corn and stuff....I mean, you got room in the bed, right?

Comment

You'll work on a ford ranger more than you drive it. Toyota is the way to go, my 4Runner has been a life saver. I'll take heat, AC, and a roof over my head every time over a UTV for 1/2 the $$.

Comment

You can get a CJ5 in good condition for around 4k that will go almost anywhere a side by side will go. Just make sure there's a winch on it before it leaves the house I made that mistake once.

Comment

either a toyota truck/4runner or an old jeep would be my options, for me a $1x,*** ATV/UTV isn't worth it.

Comment

IF CASH WASNT AN ISSUE.......

Comment

Dont know how to post a link to it, but I have a 4x4 4Runner for sale in thw classifieds.

Comment

Whatever you get make sure it is fuel injected or at least a throttle body injection set up.

Makes them much easier to start on cold mornings or times when it has been a few weeks since your last visit to the lease.

Early 90's model GM trucks make good lease vehicles.

Toyo's are great trucks as well, just expect to pay a little more for one of those. They hold their value well.

Comment

My theory is an old beater truck. I can buy six or seven of them for the price of a new ranger and haul more stuff to boot. Not to mention it has a heater and did have a/c.
                  Things with enclosed cargo areas are nice for keeping stuff dry but a pain to unload at the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteboycustom View Post
                    haha. I actually like those little trucks. Only thing is ive sat in one before. I have a hard time figuring out how to fit my 6'4 legs in it!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      haha. I actually like those little trucks. Only thing is ive sat in one before. I have a hard time figuring out how to fit my 6'4 legs in it!
                      i feel your pain...........

Comment

I have a samurai that will be on the market.

Comment

I had an 87 4runner 4x4 with the 22re engine. That thing was a beast and took anything i threw at it. They are low maintenance and last forever. Finding one is the problem. I sold mine with over 250k miles and everything still worked.

Comment

I have a '95 Jeep Wrangler that I have been thinking about selling that would make a killer lease vehicle. Right now it is my daily driver but now need something that can pull my boat. (Jeep is a 4cyl)

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Toyota is the way to go, my 4Runner has been a life saver. I'll take heat, AC, and a roof over my head every time over a UTV for 1/2 the $$.
                              x2 Love my 4Runner!

Comment

Working...
                              X