My First Mulie Buck Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Mulie Buck Ever

I went Saturday evening to my lease in Hall County on a whim. Just gonna set for the evening then roll back through Dickens County for Sunday Morn hunt and back to work to watch film...

The wind picked up to about 20 with 25 mph gust as I got in the tower blind over looking a shelter belt and two feeders... With the wind I wasn't expecting to see anything till it calmed down right before dark.

At 4 and 4:15 pm the feeders fed, in the wind. A whitetail nubbin buck came out for 10 minutes then left.

As the wind calmed down I had almost drained my phone battery so I set it down and started watching. To my left a head and horns appear out there at 175 yards from the shelter belt. I grab the rifle, and get it out the window. No use for binoculars this thing is a horse!

As he walks into the feeder and towards the blind he is facing me. He stopped a few times and I was breathing so hard I was sure he could hear me... Buck Fever hit me BAD. I had to calm myself down several times as he slowly walked in facing me... I contemplated taking a bad shot a few times as he would spook stop dead in his tracks and I think he was gonna bolt. But I talked myself out of it. FINALLY, He stopped 10 yards of the feeder and turned slightly to look behind him, one more step and BOOM 257 wby Barks and he drops Hard.

I couldn't believe it. I kept saying out loud to myself OH MY... that's all I could say and couldn't stop saying it. I went down to check him after 10 minutes. And I could not believe my eyes... I'm a full grown man dancing in the woods.

I took a minute to Thank God, and then back to the Truck. By 5:40 I had texted everybody with "Big Mule Deer Buck Down"

He was shot on a small 500 acre place, no fence, just a nice shelter belt that we call the sanctuary. He came in Down wind (I had the ozonics going in the blind) The feeders were full of corn mixed with Buck Candy, and I walked in with a drag with franks doe pee on it. Not saying any one of these sealed the deal but that's what I was using!

Pics to come!

Can't wait for the pics..

Comment

Pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Dang, that thing is a beast! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a great muley! Im still waiting to get one.

Comment

Congrats thats an awesome muley!

Comment

Congrats !

Comment

That's as Big as a Colorado Mulie!

Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome buck!!! When does Mule deer season start out there?

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Huge body. Nice deer.

Comment

Wow! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Warwagon View Post
                          Awesome buck!!! When does Mule deer season start out there?
                          LOL it started Saturday... He just happen to stroll by on the opening day of season, and stop at the the feeder at 100 yards while I was in the blind!

I had been setting since Friday in Dickens and seeing some good movement. James (Saltwater) said he and the kids were coming in so I just went North to let them have the camper and the place to themselves...

The stars aligned perfectly for me that day. And the man upstairs was looking down on me!

Comment

Great buck.......he looks to be in poor health........

Comment

Great buck congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X