Three New "Unexpected" Toys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three New "Unexpected" Toys!

I wasn't necessarily in the market for any of them, but due to timing, circumstance and maybe just a small bit of impulse, I've added three pretty sweet weapons to my arsenal over the last week or so!

First, as Casey posted earlier, we commissioned Chris and STI to make us a couple of custom TBH pistols, both 1911 Guardian models with custom slide and grips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357527584.972465.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	24943504

I used the new pistol to shoot a perfect score while shooting qualification for CHL class today!

As I was taking to Casey on the phone the day he drove to Georgetown to pick up the pistols, our conversation turned from pistols to "gun threads" on TBH and panic buying of weapons, and I mentioned to Casey that, although I've never been in the market for an AR (I couldn't tell an upper from a lower) that I had been considering buying one before the election, and was starting to wish I had now that prices were elevated and stock was low. The next day, as I was driving from my south Texas hunting trip to Casey's to get my STI pistol, Casey told me that our friend, Les, had a BNIB Windham AR15 that he wanted to sell. On impulse, I told Les that I would buy it from him. He delivered it to me in
    South Texas last Monday!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357528044.793798.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	24943505

Although I have still yet to fire a round from it, it seems like a great gun. I can't wait to tinker with it this week...if I can find some ammo!! (Casey and Les both gave me some rounds to shoot)

Finally, Mathews sent me a brand new Creed bow that arrived last Friday, just in time for my trip back south. I called around to both local shops on Saturday, but neither had accessories in stock after being depleted over Christmas. With in-laws in town we originally weren't going to be able to leave town until late Sunday evening, but as luck would have it, the family left early, allowing us time to stop at BPS to get a new rest (QAD Ultrarest), peep and string loop installed (I called several shops along my route, including sponsors On Target and Double G but all were closed on Sunday.) I moved my Spott Hog over from my Maxxis on Monday morning and was soon driving tacks and confident enough to hunt with it the rest of the week!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357528676.243714.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	24943508

Unfortunately I wasn't able to properly initiate it with animal blood, but the few practice shots I fired felt great!

So many new toys, so little time left in the season!
    My Flickr Photos

Nice! Second Xmas! Lucky Dog......love the 1911.

Comment

Pretty new toys!
      Not sure if that AR is the one I shot out at the Dove Tank a while back with Les and Colette...but if it is....TOO FUN!

Comment

Awesome!!! Love that 1911, looks awesome!

Comment

You're a blessed man. Love the bow.

Comment

Sexy x3. Congrats on the new toys Michael.

Comment

Bang, bang, bang.

Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang. $$

and silent, but deadly.

Fan, fan, fan.

Comment

Nice

Comment

It's good to be king!

Comment

That 1911 is gorgeous

Comment

Nice tools!

Comment

Two thumbs up on the 1911. Suhweet!

Comment

They look even better in person. That bow really has a good feel to it. I'm glad I didn't shoot it

Comment

1911's purdy! Almost pulled the trigger but didn't. Maybe I should've of now that I see what it looks like in your pic. Congrats on all three new toys. I bet you are like a kid in candy store. You are now ballin' hard!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X