No announcement yet.

Kids are our future- Through them hunting lives on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are still a little young to get out but all of my best memories and times I had when I was growing up was in the central Texas and east Texas brush with my dad and my brother. I am very thankful my dad showed me how to be a steward of the outdoors and have a love for hunting.

Comment

Our oldest loves to go hunting with Daddy, our youngest is still a baby but I can't wait for them to be old enough so that we can all go together.

Comment

Amazing pics! My daughter is 4 now and I can't wait to get her out in the open country...not sure if her mother will be too approving but I'm definitely going to try.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdogg5 View Post
          Amazing pics! My daughter is 4 now and I can't wait to get her out in the open country...not sure if her mother will be too approving but I'm definitely going to try.
          four is old enough to start getting after it....start small and make it all fun

mama aint gonna be able to say no once she realizes how much fun the kiddo is having

Comment

1. My oldest leaving the lake
            2 & 3. Oldest daughter catching fish
            4. Oldest first hunting trip
            5. Oldest "loving" youngest right after we brought her home.
            Attached Files

Comment

This thread is all kinds of awesome.

Took my oldest to our little farm for the weekend. Nothin died but we had a blast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352752347.379351.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24140630

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352752365.528120.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24140631

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352752388.221794.jpg
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24140636

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352752402.645158.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	24140637

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352752427.985670.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	24140638

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352824375.927711.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	24140866

Mia inside GB last weekend with me.

Comment

Last weekend I sat with my oldest daughter, Michaela, in a blind. She arrowed her first doe, but unfortunately we were unable to locate it (we called a dog, but it was inexperienced and didn't really even work the trail). Anyway, I'll post more on that later, but while I was hunting with her...

- MooseOntheLoose (Adam) was sitting in a rifle blind with my 11 year old daughter, Hannah...
                  - Casey sat in a rifle blind Saturday with his daughter, Kelsey, and my daughters, Hannah and Courtney, then again on Sunday morning with Kelsey and Courtney
                  - Trey hunted with his son, Nathan.
                  - My friend, Jeff, sat with his 21 year old daughter, Taylor
                  - Lease member, Gary, sat with his 13 year old son, Justin, and his 11 year old daughter, Kate (she shot her first doe!).
                  - My lovely bride, Jnet, was bow hunting by herself and shot a javelina!
                  - Justin Bone hunted with Adam's brother, Cody - he arrowed his first doe with a bow!

And it's not just the dads! So far this year, Stolle has hunted with Mark's daughter, Sarah, who arrowed her first buck (Trey hunted with her last year for her first hog and GJ hunted with her last year when she arrowed her first doe!), John Mark has hunted with Cody, Mary has hunted with my daughter, Michaela, Cha Cha has hunted with Kate, Stolle has hunted with Sarah, Adam with Cody...

The coolest thing is that this is not the exception, it's the norm on the lease! The rarity is when the kids want to sleep in, or can't make the trip, and one of us has to hunt alone!

Kudos to all for keeping the kids involved!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Well done guys and gals - especially CDLC group

Comment

I have a five year old boy and a seven year old girl that can't wait to get in the woods to look for trails and pics on the cameras. Got to love when they get mad at you for hitting the woods with out them.

Comment

This is awesome. I do not have any children yet but I hope that when I do, I will be able to introduce them the world of the outdoors. The times spent with my Grandfathers, Dad and Uncles is times I would not trade for the world. I thank God I was blessed with them all for taking time to ensure I became a great outdoorsman and hunter. Great thread idea!!!

Comment

Aspens first bow kill (11 years old)Click image for larger version

Name:	Aspens first bow kill pig.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	24142251

Name:	2012-11-18_09-53-01_509.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	24142252

Name:	2012-11-18_09-54-00_850.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24142253

Name:	2012-11-18_09-52-26_307.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	24142254

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            grasshoper hunter
                            My son is 6 and LOVES shooting grasshoppers with his BB gun.

Comment

this stuff is great!!!

Comment

My oldest with me and a turkey I shot last weekend.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353380926.360999.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	24142368

Comment

Working...
                                X