Cost to get barrel threaded ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to get barrel threaded ?

What should I expect to pay a gunsmith to have a rifle barrel threaded in order to put on a muzzle break?

Class 3 Machining out of Dallas. Cost will vary depending on the gun. The last barrel I had done was a 9MM AR barrel he cut back, crowned and rethreaded 5/8x24 from 1/2x36, cost me $75.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
      Class 3 Machining out of Dallas. Cost will vary depending on the gun. The last barrel I had done was a 9MM AR barrel he cut back, crowned and re-threaded 5/8x24 from 1/2x36, cost me $75.
      Definitely get in touch with Morgan. He just cut down a 6.5 Creedmoor for me. The pricing will vary depending on how you deliver the barrel to him. I delivered a barrelled action with no trigger and it was around $75. If you leave the trigger in, it cost a little more and if you deliver a full gun, it will cost more.

Comment

cost me 120 with that included a threaded bushing

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas, I was expecting it to be higher than that.

Comment

The Gun Shop in Jacksonville threaded one for me for $75. It was an AR and I took the full gun to him.

Comment

Dang. I paid way too much then. I paid $160 with a threaded insert

Comment

Working...
              X