X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my YHM Phantom SS was more like $600

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
      I'm in the market for a hunting suppressor to use on my Remmy 300blk, and a 6.8SPC in a AR platform. I don't want to spend more than 7 bills on the can. What would you gents suggest and I'd like to hear from those that shoot these guns with a can. I'll be hunting with the platforms mentioned above at a distance of no more than 100yds using handloaded sub ammo in South/Central Texas.
      I would take a hard look at the Dead Air Nomad. It's very versatile and represents the cutting edge of innovation from a great and humble company.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
        Dead Air sandman from defender outdoors send me your email I'll let you hear it
        Had to read you post again cuz I thought you wrote, "send me your address and I'll ship it to you so you can hear it" lol.

Joel.chavez@bexar.org
        Last edited by joel45acp; 11-07-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

For your stated purposes an AAC 7.62 SDN-6 can be bought for the mid $500 range and will do everything you need it to.

It ain’t the newest fanciest can out there but it’s a workhorse that will serve you well and save you some $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I run a SilencerCo Hybrid on my 300 10.5" and 6.8 16" I shoot those guns the most and I love it. Plus you can buy a new threaded cap and run it on a 1/2x28. It comes with 5/8x24 and a .46 end cap. I bought a 7.62 end cap but I did not notice much difference between the 46 and the 7.62 on my 6.8spc. I did notice a small difference on my 300 pistol. Have not shot any 6.8 subs though it but 308 subs with that can sound like a BB gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              For your stated purposes an AAC 7.62 SDN-6 can be bought for the mid $500 range and will do everything you need it to.

It ain’t the newest fanciest can out there but it’s a workhorse that will serve you well and save you some $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This. It’s built like a tank and very durable. Sounds pretty decent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Omega

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input on this matter. I think I've narrowed it down to the SilencerCo Harvester and the Omega. With the LE program I can get either one at a great price point. Thanks again gents

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input on this matter. I think I've narrowed it down to the SilencerCo Harvester and the Omega. With the LE program I can get either one at a great price point. Thanks again gents

Great choice.....and it won’t be your last. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

look up American resistance. they build a can that runs 500bucks

Comment

I'd encourage you to hold off a couple of weeks. I bought another YHM on Black Friday last year and Silencer Shop paid for the NFA Stamp. I saw an email from them the other day saying more Black Friday deals were coming.

In the world of waiting for a suppressor to get "out of jail", 2 weeks is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                          I'd encourage you to hold off a couple of weeks. I bought another YHM on Black Friday last year and Silencer Shop paid for the NFA Stamp. I saw an email from them the other day saying more Black Friday deals were coming.

In the world of waiting for a suppressor to get "out of jail", 2 weeks is nothing.
                          I'm all ears....

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            I would take a hard look at the Dead Air Nomad. It's very versatile and represents the cutting edge of innovation from a great and humble company.
                            Over a Sandman TI? What are your thoughts?

Comment

Youll love either one!!

Comment

I would probably stay with Silencerco in your price range. Pretty much any of their 30 cals are good. There are cheaper options, but it depends on how much suppression you want, and how much weight is tolerable. There are a ton of decent stainless suppressors out there that will do a good job, but they are heavy, and on the end of a hunting rifle, with a barrel in the 24 to 26" range it will seem even heavier. Titanium helps with that, but it runs the cost up a lot.
                                As mentioned, I like Silencerco, because I have been running them for years, but there are a lot of good companies: Griffin, Rugged, Q, AAC, Yankee Hill, Gemtech. Pretty much all of them make a good suppressor, and they all pretty much have a lifetime warranty. Thunderbeast makes AWESOME cans, but they are pricier than the others I mentioned here. SO far, TBAC has been the quietest I have used, but unless you are using a DB meter, you most likely won't get a ton of benefit from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X