Stock for Remington 721 w/300 win mag sporter barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock for Remington 721 w/300 win mag sporter barrel

I had an old .25-06 Remington 721 converted to a ported .300 win Mag. It shoots great but I've got the bug for a custom rifle - read APR. I'm wondering about just putting my rifle it in a cool upgraded stock instead but have no experience beyond a $100 drop in Hogue.

Question, can someone recommend a carry weight rifle stock that comes in a cool camo or web pattern. Will it need fitting/inletting? I ordered a Boyds and it didn't drop in so I sent it back. If fitting is required, can someone recommend a gunsmith in the Houston area who would fit and bed it properly? An any idea of the cost because if I'm going to spend $700 on the stock, why not just spend $2500 on a sweet APR or equivalent custom?

Thanks,

Jayson

A dremel tool, some cold beer, Youtube, and a Saturday with college games on and you can make that Boyds work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      A dremel tool, some cold beer, Youtube, and a Saturday with college games on and you can make that Boyds work fine.
      True. I just wasn't in the mood and was expecting it to fit without any effort. Given the underwhelming response to my thread, I may give that a go again.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
        True. I just wasn't in the mood and was expecting it to fit without any effort. Given the underwhelming response to my thread, I may give that a go again.
        I have done 7 or 8 Boyds and I have had to use a dremel on every single one. Some more than others but for the money and the look they are a hard stock to beat.

Comment

I always thought the 721 and 700 footprint are basically the same. If so, any 700 stock should work. Trigger guard might be a little different.

Comment

Working...
          X