Hogs at Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs at Lake Grapevine

Anyone have any tips for dropping a hog at Grapevine? I've quite a bit of sign in the area I've been hunting and have been there at all hours of the day but have yet to see one.

Any nugget of wisdom will be greatly appreciated by this noob hunter Thanks in advance.

I personally haven't seen a hog out there. Pretty sure they only move at night. I would bet you could nail one at night by the river.

Comment

is it legal to hunt there at night? I've looked at all the rule I can find and don't see anything saying you can't

Comment

I don't think pigs are regulated by the TPW. I would make sure you have your Corps permit and a hunting license with you. Couldn't hurt to call the game warden and ask.

Comment

Good ?

Comment

just called it is legal to hog hunt at night in case ya need it heres the# 817-865-2600
            green area and hog only area is archery only for deer and hogs. Small game can be taken with shotgun with no larger than #3 shot.

Comment

Didnt they do a drawing this year for a corp permit?

Comment

yes they did a lottery drawing for deer only. you should be able to get a general permit for hogs all year round. The permits say only after deer season only but is a misprint. It is good for all year long. or thats what i was told

Comment

Can you Bait @ Grapevine?

Comment

NO, but some people do any way.

Comment

Exactly how are you gonna hunt hogs at night without baiting? Sounds like some pretty tough hunting!

Comment

I do not know who told you that it was OK to hunt on Corp land at night. Direct from the outdoor annual:

Non-protected nongame animals and fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artificial light on private property. If hunting at night, please make a courtesy telephone call to your local game warden.

Looks like poaching in black and white to me.

Comment

You do know that COE, USFS and TPWD can circumvent certain regulations. If the COE says it is ok to hunt at night, then it is ok.

Comment

There was an article on the front page of the Wall Street Journel about the problems Southlake is having with the hogs. From the trails I've seen and the damage they do to lawns out there, I would bet they would allow just about anything to remove them.

Can't hurt to ask.
                            Last edited by Budman68; 12-21-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                              There was an article on the front page of the Wall Street Journel about the problems Southlake is having with the hogs. From the trails I've seen and the damage they do to lawns out there, I would bet they would allow just about anything to remove them.

Can't hurt to ask.
                              Those COE folks in the office aren't exactly the best folks to ask for legal info. What ever you find out, make sure you see it in writing somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X