I bought the wrong thing... didn't I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the wrong thing... didn't I?

After hearing about the Rage broadhead for years, I decided to try them out. Not hunting with them this year. Just testing. I ordered some 100 grain hypodermics, and under the suggestion of others, extra "o rings". Well, the hypodermic doesn't look like it uses o rings. It comes with the shock collar, and very little else in the way of instructions, so I hope I'm loading these up right. The o rings - I don't think they are used at all in this design. Right?

Anyway... first question - anyone ever have one pre-deploy? I started thinking about this - my broadhead is about an inch and a half in front of my rest. Never a problem for my fixed blades. But if this wide blade mechanical opens, it's could catch the bottom of my sight due to how short my arrows are. Little nervous about that.

Thoughts?

All the best,
    Glenn

Rages fly like crap when they deploy early. So, if you think your rest might foul, best to not use them.

Correct , the hypodermics use a shock collar. O ring are for the other rage heads.

Comment

Crap. I bought the whole shebang too - even bought a Rage quiver. Wishing I had never taken everything out of the package now. I'd return the whole thing. Oh well. I'll test them anyway.

All the best,
      Glenn

Comment

I don't think you'll have a problem with pre-deployment.

Comment

I'll give ya $5 for the o-rings.

Comment

There shouldn't be a problem with your rages opening and hitting your sight. It shouldn't open the split second that you release your arrow. If your fixed broadheads are working then you shouldn't have any problem with the rages.

Comment

I'm no expert but that's the way I see it. The broad head should be past your sight before anything could go wrong

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to test them. I just emailed Midway about the mix-up. They also sell the shock collars I need for the same price ($7.99) as the pack of o-rings, so I'm going to see if they will swap them out.
                All the best,
                Glenn

Comment

I'll give ya 20 for them all.... I have never had one open early

Comment

The shock collar will hold the blades forward snug so they cant come out early. The hypodermics dont use the oring as stated previously. When you attach them to the arrow make sure the blade sits directly in between the voids in the shock collar. On the back of the shock collar there will be an arrow in the plastic, just line up te back of a blade with that arrow and screw it in to the insert.

Comment

Working...
                    X