Mounting timer to side of barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting timer to side of barrel

I need some ideas on mounting a timer to the side of a barrel so I don't have to mess with the varmint cage when checking timer. I am going to run wire down side of barrel to thrower through square tubing that will be welded to side. How have you mounted box for timer? Any pics??

I bought a ammo can put the battery and timer in it, mounted about 4' up on the leg and flexed to the motor..

Comment

I'll just say this. Water in timer es no bueno but maybe someone has a way around that

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
        I bought a ammo can put the battery and timer in it, mounted about 4' up on the leg and flexed to the motor..

^^^This is what we do.

Comment

Install connectors at bottom of timer box with a drain might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            I'll just say this. Water in timer es no bueno but maybe someone has a way around that
            I used water tight fittings and water tight flex.. it's been there for 3 years so far with no issues.. I've seen people not use water tight stuff and get water though..

Comment

Look at the hangem high stand and fill feeders. They have a box mounted on the outside up top with the timer inside. May give you a few ideas or they may sell the box setup. I've seen these first hand. Nice setup

Comment

Mount it on the bottom of the lid. Run wires inside the barrel to the motor below.

Comment

I just used an ammo can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mount a tray inside the barrel at the top and run the wires through the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Buy this unit and be done with it. No need for a cage with an eliminator and the wire for the panel goes inside the box. I have several and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                        Buy this unit and be done with it. No need for a cage with an eliminator and the wire for the panel goes inside the box. I have several and love them.
                        http://www.thecybershack.com/mm5/mer...gory_Code=CTRL
                        The unit in the link you gave doesn't have the Eliminator spinner plate that you mentioned. Also, the Eliminator spinner will not stop all coons as I have 17 Eliminator spinners and had to still put cages on all the ones the coons could reach. The coons simply grab each side of the spinner plate and either pull down or hang on it and it comes down. I've watched them do it many times while hunting pigs at night.

If your going to go through all the trouble to put the timer outside the cage, why not just redo the cage so it's very easy to open and get to the timer as it is now.

Comment

Working...
                        X