Truck has a vibration.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck has a vibration.......

My 2005 F250 started having a slight vibration when driving recently. You can feel it at most speeds. I am thinking it could be a tire out of balance or possibly a bad U joint. The tires are BFG's and probably don't have 10k miles on them.
    Any other things that could cause it oh green screen?

Chock the wheels, put truck in neutral and check the u-joints. Easy first thing to check.

Comment

1st thing I have checked when I get a vibration is tire balance.

Comment

Might wanna check your tires for tread separation or a ball on it

Comment

Balance is usually at certain speeds. Bad tire, tread separation, etc as mentioned above would cause it at all speed. Other than that, drive shaft, u-joints, not very common though.

Comment

I tried to run BFG's on my 2004 F250, because I had always had good luck with them. I had 4 blowouts and two others that the were separating and I caught them before they blew. I have become very sensitive to vibrations in the tires.

Comment

U joints are actually pretty common from 03-07'going out. Check the rear one and the front one. If it's the middle it would be a pretty violent vibration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you feel it in the steering wheel its tires but if you feel it in the floor its probably Ujoints.

Comment

When I had a balance issue it was only at higher speeds. Not constant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropsalot View Post
                    If you feel it in the steering wheel its tires but if you feel it in the floor its probably Ujoints.
                    This

If it gets bad in the 40-60 range then improves its u joint as well

Comment

Been in any mud lately? could be some still stuck on the inside of the rims.

Comment

Since you said BFG, I'm going with a tire issue. I despise BFG, when I worked at a tire shop I peeled more blown out BFG with good tread off of wheels than anything else.

Comment

Tires need to be checked for Balance.

Comment

I hate BFG's. I had broken bands result in bad vibrations depending on speed. Two different sets. Finally gave up and went with Nitto's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dropsalot View Post
                              If you feel it in your butt it could be rear tire out of balance also.

OP, always check tire balance first then go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X