No announcement yet.

Polaris - What a Crock! Parts Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess would be to not run over a mesquite tree!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      My guess would be to not run over a mesquite tree!
      WHere were you when I was drinking in Freer. I needed the voice of reason then, not now after I learned my own lesson.

Comment

I stuck 600 into my polaris yesterday. But I drive it almost daily feeding

Comment

Should walk to the stand anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            So, I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger that's been relatively trouble free aside from a fuel pump that needed to be replaced this past Summer ($500).
            That might show the start of the problem - shouldn't a fuel pump last a lot longer than 3 years?!?!

Comment

You guys are just now learning the hard way like myself, Polaris SUCKS. They do not make the machine they use to, have a beer with any salesman or machanic that has been with Polaris for 10 years + and they will tell you they SUCK. Good luck, I went to Honda Yee yee

Comment

Good luck, I went to Honda Yee yee
                Hope you don't have the problems some folks are having with theirs.

Comment

I've had 2 Ranger's,and 2 polaris 4 wheelers.Only complaint I,ve ever had is that the parts(filters,and stuff)were twice as high as everyone else.For the record you couldn't give me anything with a Honda motor on it.I borrowed a dumpster once from my local lawnmower shop to put pieces of a $1200 push mower in..It was the replacement to the 1st one I bought.

Comment

Maybe I am spoiled..The only thing my 19 year old Grizzly has had is 2 carb rebuilds. Only negative is it eats spark plugs. Other than that it cranks every time. Probably go another 19 years....Are there any 20 year old Polaris out there?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	blind 034.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24514760

Comment

Try fixmytoys.com for parts. Cheaper than buying the part from a dealer and they have just about everything.

Comment

I had a 1989 Honda that I was going to run till it broke, after 26 years I got tired of waiting and gave it to my son. I bought a new Pioneer, and he still has the Honda working in a fencing business.

Comment

I have a 97 polaris still running no major issues

Comment

How do other the other UTVs stack up to the Ranger when comparing both weight capacity and off-road? I need the best of both.

I carry a lot of weight when filling feeders and we have some fairly extreme country to traverse.

From what I have seen the Ranger seems to give you the best of both worlds.

Yes they will have problems but I kind of expect it considering what we put it through.

My neighbor just got a Mule Pro FXT and he says he'll be going to back to the ranger. He doesn't think the Mule is going to hold up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

We have had I believe 5 rangers. We upgrade every so often with them. Never an issue with any of them.

Comment

I'm really liking the tabbed aluminum tank and/or making a plug for it idea. Thanks guys.

As far as those that say Polaris sucks due to reliability, I believe the opposite. My '14 probably has more miles and hours than most, been to CO 3 times with at least 500 miles in the mountains each trip and has only had a fuel pump go out (I'll chalk that up to bad luck, not bad quality). My beef is with Polaris' stance on parts and taking care of their customers. I firmly believe quality products and quality service go hand in hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X