It's that time of year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time of year!

Hay season for us Mills county ranchers. Made 500 bales are so. Nephew has a plane and took these pics yesterday. Now the work begins hauling them to our stack lot.
    Attached Files

Looks good Mark.

Comment

I'd rather stack those than throw square bales like I used to when I was a teenager. That will make a man out of ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
        I'd rather stack those than throw square bales like I used to when I was a teenager. That will make a man out of ya.
        Yes n deed

Comment

I'm 62 and been there and done that. No fancy equipment just a trailer and pickup back in the day.
          Last edited by doghouse; 07-24-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Mark how many cuttings do you usually get?

Comment

For our cows we just try and get one good cutting. We do not sell hay. We use hay as a filler and supplement with other kinds of protein as needed. Depends on the rainfall but we could get two cuttings a year if needed. We never fertilize before May 15th.

Comment

Nice. Got ours in yesterday. Nothing like yours but a good 70 or so bales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Now that's some hay

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      I'm 62 and been there and done that. No fancy equipment just a trailer and pickup back in the day.
                      X2

Comment

We were supposed to start cutting our place on Wednesday for the second cutting this year. But, we got over 7" of rain today, so it's gonna be a while now.

Comment

Don't miss those days one bit! Good looking cut Mark!

Comment

My uncle would make us throw hay twice a year and after it was all put up he would drive through the feilds and make us kids throw rocks in the bed of his old 55 Chevy truck. He told us since we fished in his pond that was our payment. Looking back we where getting the shaft but I wouldnt trade those days for anything.

Comment

My son is loading square bales this week at work. He said the bales they loaded this morning were greener so heavier than yesterday's bales.

Comment

Working...
                              X