No announcement yet.

Wild Game Meat Donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything out west in the Junction/Sonora area?

Comment

Camp Hope in Houston takes meat donations.

Camp Hope Providing a safe space for the victims of trauma and post-traumatic stress in which to experience healing. Camp Hope is a six-nine-month interim housing program located in Houston, Texas. We aim to relieve the effects of combat trauma through a whole-person approach. Its solution is to provide

FYI for those who may not know, Camp Hope is partners with the PTSD Foundation of America to provide help for vets suffering with PTSD. 93% of their money they take in donations goes directly back to vets who come to the camp. In other words, they have little to no wasted money on overhead.

Side note, I have no affiliation with them other than my donations. My apologies if I sound like a salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Camp Hope in Houston takes meat donations.

Camp Hope Providing a safe space for the victims of trauma and post-traumatic stress in which to experience healing. Camp Hope is a six-nine-month interim housing program located in Houston, Texas. We aim to relieve the effects of combat trauma through a whole-person approach. Its solution is to provide

FYI for those who may not know, Camp Hope is partners with the PTSD Foundation of America to provide help for vets suffering with PTSD. 93% of their money they take in donations goes directly back to vets who come to the camp. In other words, they have little to no wasted money on overhead.

Side note, I have no affiliation with them other than my donations. My apologies if I sound like a salesman.
        Nothing wrong with a salesman selling a worthy product or cause! Our business has donated to Camp Hope on a few occassions.......great place!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DSDC View Post
          Anything out west in the Junction/Sonora area?
          The closest one I know of to Junction is a little south in Kerrville. Bernhard's Meat something or another

Comment

My house?��

Comment

I cook for the homeless and vets every thanksgiving and xmas. Donating food and wild game cooked on hot plates....idk just seems like the right thing when everyone else forgets them

Comment

my house

Comment

Kuby's in Dallas last year would take pigs for donation use with Battered Women's Group

All they asked is you throw a bag of ice in chest to keep meat cool and fresh for use

Comment

great thread!!!

Comment

Good thread and good info for sure. I personally would not harvest more than what I need, but if other people do, at least the meat will not go to waste.

Comment

Great thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          Thank you. Lets not get off track. Don't be a know it all jackwagon

Comment

Does anyone know of place that takes wild pork donations between Houston and Freer? God knows I can donate plenty of hogs

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
                              Does anyone know of place that takes wild pork donations between Houston and Freer? God knows I can donate plenty of hogs
                              Unfortunately , an individual cannot donate wild pork to a nonprofit organization or food bank without a pre and post slaughter inspection by state officials?..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                                Unfortunately , an individual cannot donate wild pork to a nonprofit organization or food bank without a pre and post slaughter inspection by state officials?..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                                Hmm, I didn't know that, but understand the reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X