No announcement yet.

Hill Country 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We lease in Mason/Menard Counties. We are on the San Saba river off of 1311.

We have way too many deer, but no exotics. Hopefully we can assist with that soon.

Comment

Cool Hill Country buck
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        We hunt between San Saba and Brady, a little north of Richland Springs. I went out 3 weeks ago and filled feeders. Going to take my camper down on Friday Sept. 1 and get it set up. May even shoot at a few doves if they are flying. Our country is incredibly lush and green this year. Mosquitos are thick and I'm sure the chiggers and ticks will be doing their thing because of all the moisture. I'm anxious to see what the cameras show. One thing is for certain. There will be pigs. Pretty sure we will put the hurtin on a few porkers this coming weekend. Man I love shooting pigs with a bow.
        Same area! Lots of pigs and deer. Did have Axis on camera so excited for the potential. You got my number. Text me if you have the dove and I will do the same. We have a large lake so I am hoping they are flying around.

of course all depending on if I get gas to go

Comment

Originally posted by ATXBowhunter View Post
          I hunt just north of Llano in Cherokee, and heading out there this wknd to work on feeders and knock down a few dove. Last year the acorns kept the deer away from the feeders until late in the season so will definitely will be checking on the acorn crop this wknd.
          I love that area. Used to hunt between Cherokee and Ponotoc. Great area, lots of deer and good quality bucks.

Comment

I'm heading out in the mornin for my ranch in Kerr county, just have to finish helping friends demo their houses today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt northwest San Saba County, just northwest of Richland Springs. It is fairly green here...this is the first hunting season since I retired....I am looking forward to hunting every day, if I want.

Comment

Just West of Richland Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                  Cool Hill Country buck
                  Some good looking deer there!

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                    We lease in Mason/Menard Counties. We are on the San Saba river off of 1311.

We have way too many deer, but no exotics. Hopefully we can assist with that soon.
                    We are in Menard County on the San Saba river off 1311 also. We must be neighbors. Agreed that we have way too many deer. On our property, which is less than 400 acres, we shot 9 does last year and will shoot another 8 to 10 this year. Im trying to get the neighboring landowners on board because like you said, we have way too many deer.

Comment

Beautiful morning in the hill country axis are starting to pile in
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                        Beautiful morning in the hill country axis are starting to pile in
                        Great looking place, i would like to have a place in Junction.

Comment

Nice axis were starting to put some on my ranch in mountain home. Just blackbuck, fallow, rams, oryx and scimbok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to ranch and sat in my box blind to see what was coming in to this set up. Used my phone to take a short video.

Comment

Going to be a great year.

Comment

Nice! I have been seeing more and more bucks with no velvet. I need to get all my other cameras going on trails to catch some of the bigger ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X