Kid's Football Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid's Football Field

DIY (with some professional help) turf field for the kiddos. Spent a couple weeks and load after load of base to get pad ready for the field. The turf is from MetLife field where the Giants/Jets play and was installed in 2013 in anticipation of the 2014 Superbowl. Amazing quality turf. The guys showed up early last Saturday and we worked until dark Saturday, Sunday and wrapped up Monday around 6:00 pm. We are not JETS fans; however, the end zone does add a cool touch. The Superbowl (Seahawks/Broncos) end zones were sold but that would have been even higher on the cool factor! Have left-over turf and can delete the J-E-T-S if we want to later.

Guys were awesome and brushed in over 20K pounds of ballast. The kids are at Disney with mom/grandparents and are going to be surprised when they get home!

I lost track of base but would estimate somewhere around 100-120 yards. . .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RR 314; 07-12-2016, 07:57 PM.

Some of the neighbors weren't too happy about the truck driver showing up at 6:45 in the am but I was glad to see him after a couple delays in getting the turf delivered.

We had no idea which panels were which until they were unrolled! Tagging would have been a nice touch. :-)

Took almost two days for us to get everything unloaded, lined up and laid. After laid, the guys started brushing in over 20K pounds of ballast. Hot, miserable job! Guys were awesome. I think each of us downed 20-25 waters/gatorades throughout the day!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RR 314; 07-12-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Back and forth with more and more brushing. . .
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally done!

It turned out great. My kids are 6 and 8 and hope they and their friends have many years of great memories back there!
        Attached Files

Comment

Wowsers!!!!!

Comment

That's awesome. Lucky kids

Comment

Where's the goal posts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Then for the 100 percent (minus masonry) DIY section we have the 20x30 covered area for the pit etc. Waited for months for some help on this and ended up doing it myself. Pretty harrowing raising that steel with a skid steer with lift capacity about 3" shy of where I needed. 30' 10" cee purlin will be here at the end of the week. Going to have someone else do the roofing to match the house.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                  Where's the goal posts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  There will be one goal post by the end zone. Not sure if I will weld one or just go with PVC. Thinking it will be PVC!

Total measurement of field is 50' x 130'
                  Last edited by RR 314; 07-12-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

You win the "coolest kid surprise" award bro. Kids are gonna be amazed. I know I would of. Just awesome man...AWESOME!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by pbuckshot View Post
                        you win the "coolest kid surprise" award bro. Kids are gonna be amazed. I know i would of. Just awesome man...awesome!

x500!

Comment

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Great job.

Now how to figure out how to get one in my backyard...

Comment

That's outstanding and your kids are going to be pumped! I'd love to do a batting cage like that for my kiddos!

Comment

Thanks much! Kids are going to really enjoy it. I am going to enjoy being done with these projects.

Comment

Working...
                              X