watering systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watering systems

I have seen references to watering systems some of you have built on your leases to provide deer with water during times of drought. My lease has limited water and I am interested in establishing a watering station on my lease. Does anyone know where I can get the materials for this and how to go about setting it up? I will have to haul water to it. Thanks!

I put out a 275 gal tank. I painted the tank black and wrapped it with camo. Then dug a hole to set a 100 gallon tank. the n put a float valve to regulate the water level.
    I have an extra 275 gal tank to fill it with.

Comment

Holdem posted pics of a nice one before the crash.

Comment

Does this have any power? Is it gravity fed?

Comment

Gravity fed. The source is up hill. You can bury the drinking tank to make sure it is down hill from the source.

Comment

water tanks

I have 2 ,i am not sure 300-400- gallon containers that had a mollasses like substance in them (non toxic), they have large opening on top and ball valve on side at the bottom. I was going to make some kind of watering device also but just have not ever gotten to it. I am not most likely going top use them. I would be willing to part with them if you are interested for 25 apeice or 40 for both.

Comment

I'll take 'em. Pm sent.

Comment

tanks

Wes,
                I live in Rockdale which is just south east of Waco. I work offshore but weather permitting should be home this weekend. home phone is 512 446 7668. I should be home tomorrow but weather is pretty rough out here and we are already 2 days back on flights sooooooo!! Call saturday and if Im not there I should be in by Sunday.
                Paul

Comment

Working...
                X