Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you all think of these deer from last weekend in Burnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you all think of these deer from last weekend in Burnet?

Went to the lease for a work weekend and opening day dove hunt last weekend. Checked trail cams while I was there. These are the best three deer I have seen in the three years I've leased the place. What do you guys think?

Sorry about pic quality, I need to move the can a little closer. I like the big 8 with his head down, very symmetrical, real and decent width. On the other hand, the 10 is cool too, wider and heavier, but not much tine length. I think the 10 is OLD but I'm no expert, so what say you all?

I'd shoot either one of them and I've read your threads about your lease, especially last years woes, choot em!

Comment

Shoot the eight, looks real mature. 10 from pic looks like he could do some more growing!

Comment

I'd shoot that 8 before the 10. Not necessarily for any type of management purpose, I just like him better. And he is old.

Comment

Great looking bucks. What are you feeding?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
            Great looking bucks. What are you feeding?
            This is our first year on Antler max 20. Last year we fed Purina Wildlife feed 20, and the year before that, I'm not sure what we were feeding because I wasn't handling the feed. We doubled consumption last year, and could haves done more this year, but the budget was maxed out. I hope to adjust the budget slightly next year to get then to eat more of the Antler max, as it seems to have done well for them.

Comment

I think that rock on top of the feeder is about to kill the buck on the left!
              Plenty of good lookin bucks there. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                I think that rock on top of the feeder is about to kill the buck on the left!
                Plenty of good lookin bucks there. Good luck
                Hahaha, looks that way don't it? Nah, a squirrel bumped the cam crooked, feeder is level.

Comment

Shoot the 8. He is the best overall deer

Comment

The 8 looks the oldest to me. Nice deer!

Comment

Just nice 2 see all those in one pic. Good luck

Comment

Okay fellas, I've been trying to decide between the tall 8 and the 10. I think the 10 its older than the 8 by a year or so, just a bigger belly, and more sway back. That being said, looking at all the pics I have, the tall 8 is the bigger deer antler wise. The other 8 that's not as tall, I think is from the same daddy because the antlers look identical in shape, just not as big. Looking closely at him, I think he's actually a younger deer, maybe 3.5 or 4.5. I've got the tall 8 at 5.5 and the 10 at least that old. I think I'm going to try hard to get the tall 8, but if the10 steps out, I may not be able to resist. The younger 8 is scheduled for a pass this year to see what he does in another year or so.

Comment

Working...
                        X