Overhead bins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhead bins

For u guys that use the gravity style bins for filling ur feed wagon, are there any issues with them?

Bottom latch use, moisture from the top vent etc.

I have used Atascosa Wildlife bins in the past...10-13 yr old ones. The slide gates closing all the way was an issue if you did not clean the channel out with every load or other load of feed. No issues with vents or moisture since feed did not stay in them very long. I have seen the round type bins made in OK. but never used one. Just remember the height of the bin for feed trailer/vehicle clearance and then for feed truck to fill the bin. I have seen round bins that were borderline to tall for an 18 wheeler auger truck to reach to fill.

Comment

That is my fear. Open it up and it won't close.

Comment

Wondered the same thing. We have standard grain bins with augers that we will the feed truck with. But considered buying one of those next just because you don't have to mess with electricity, auger etc.

Comment

No issues on the Oklahoma bin. I have a 28 ton split model. Feed truck can reach it and my blower fits underneath. Going on about 4 years now I think.

Comment

Working...
          X