Red Beans & Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    Pretty darn good eats right there! I followed you're recipe but I added a smoked ham hock w/bone to the mix.

I also used a pressure cooker to cut the actual cook time to down to an hour.

Everyone thinks it's great!

Those look great! Glad y'all liked em!

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
      I'm good for red beans and rice about 4-5 times a month, I think I have an addiction....

Normally buy the Zatarans box but heck I might have to give this recipe a run!
      Thomas once you make this one time you will never pick up a Zatarain's box again!

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
        Thomas once you make this one time you will never pick up a Zatarain's box again!
        That's for dang sure!

This is a LOT of beans and meat; I used my 8 quart pressure cooker and it was about 2.5-3 below the rim when fully cooked. johnpaul is right, this makes pretty close to 6 quarts of food.

My wife says it needs more meat so I may up the cubed smoked ham to 2 pounds next time. But the flavor and texture is perfect!

Comment

That's for dang sure!

This is a LOT of beans and meat; I used my 8 quart pressure cooker and it was about 2.5-3 below the rim when fully cooked. johnpaul is right, this makes pretty close to 6 quarts of food.

My wife says it needs more meat so I may up the cubed smoked ham to 2 pounds next time. But the flavor and texture is perfect!
          Yep, really the only reason I don't add more meat is because I don't have enough room in my crockpot. Otherwise I'd do 2 lbs of sausage and probably 1.5 lbs of ham

Comment

That's for dang sure!

Goodness I'll be eating red beans and rice for weeks!

Think I'll cook some tomorrow.

Comment

That looks like a great recipe. We'll have try it. Whenever we have a big ham, I always throw a chunk of it in the freezer to add to beans when we make them.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                Goodness I'll be eating red beans and rice for weeks!

Think I'll cook some tomorrow.
                Get some good tupperware and freeze the leftovers. Then you only have to cook it once a month or so.

Comment

Working...
                X